Trend lines overrated?....

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by focusonmoney, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Are trend lines overrated? I'm not saying they don't work, but if you asked 5 traders to draw a trend line all of them will draw them different.. And usually the perfect trend lines are drawn after the trend is made.. I'm just saying..

2. Ask 5 artists to paint with the same tool, a brush. Each will be a different approach but the tool was valuable.

3. Redneck

Redneck

I pissed on your volume post – so here’s an olive branch….

I have tradable trend lines which have been in place since Mar 16, 2009

They are as relative today – as when they were first drawn

Draw the right ones – they’re money

Draw the ones you want – they’re useless

RN

4. I think they are overrated, but I don't propose to speak for anyone other than myself.

5. Yea but drawing lines and drawing pictures are way different.. Drawning trend lines should be the same as connecting the dots..

6. charts

charts

even better: volume trend lines ... :)

7. +1. Sastisfried?

8. LMHO!

9. No rule is concrete in trading, but if used as a guide, there usefullness in identifying the path of least resistance is under rated. I'm talking about medium term time frame here. I used them to ride the market down in 08, up in 09, and I'm using them to ride the market down now. They've kept me long only two stocks, 1 coal and 1 bank(aus stocks).

10. These jokes are awesome! I'll be able to hold my own next time I'm on the piss with the Father 'n' Law with these.:D

#10     Aug 20, 2010