Trend lines or indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by gifropan, Feb 29, 2008.

1. I prefer trendlines as they are attached to actual prices.
    I guess you could say that I am from the old school, using only price movement and volume to analyze the trend. Simply, I do not find that indicators, moving averages and such to be as accurate as analysis of the price movement itself. In other words, I think a doctor can judge the condition of a patient better by listening to his heart than feeling his pulse.

#21     Mar 1, 2008
  2. ammo

ammo

i think u need both,i give trendlines more respect but theres a lot of times when it will turn above or below a trendline and u need other indicators to pre-see that

#22     Mar 1, 2008
  3. ==================
    Bob;
    Agree with Don & Bob Bright Trading Co-do not put faith in these indicators. LOL

Of course Brokers, option sellers, dividend collectors..... can make money in sideways trends [a type of trend]

Even something useful like a 50 period moving average isnt very helpful in a sideways trend.Most are drawn [within reason]accurately, automaticaly, avoiding trader trendline bias.

And even if you find a way to use a 50dma & you may;
    bull [uptrending] trends tend not to be notably different from bear[downtrending] trends.
    :cool:

#23     Mar 1, 2008
  4. ammo

ammo

wallace, what are the standard error channels, is that an indicator or one of the hershey method terms? if its hersh ,excuse my ignorance ,i don't know the terminology

#24     Mar 2, 2008
  5. ammo, you'll find info about the various 'trend indicators' here, tools found in most charting
    programs, and yes, tls and channels are a large part of the Hershey method though not
    specifically SECs

#25     Mar 2, 2008
  6. ammo

ammo

wallace thnx

#27     Mar 3, 2008