Trend lines or indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by gifropan, Feb 29, 2008.

1. I am interested to have Elite Traders' audience opinion on the following subjects:

Are trend lines more reliable that indicators?

Quite a few technical indicators seem to produce many false signals in quiet, non trending markets, especiallty on intraday charts. Trendlines, drawn from correct points (and that is the difficult part), seem to be more reliable and less prone to false signals. Interested to know your opinion on this and which one do you prefer.

Bob

2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I am interested to have Elite Traders' audience opinion on the following subjects:

Are trend Crystal Balls more reliable than Tarot Cards?

Quite a few Tarot Cards predictions seem to produce many false signals in quiet, non trending markets, especially on intraday charts. Crystal Balls, positioned in bright candle light (and that is the difficult part), seem to be more reliable and less prone to false signals. Interested to know your opinion on this and which one do you prefer.

MAESTRO

3. Think u answered his question quite well. LOL

4. 9999

I like Tarot cards better.
    On the other hand, you could use a ball as a weapon, for bowling, etc...
    To the OP: jokes aside, it's really a matter of personal preference.

5. Nothing is completely reliable. If it was an exact science, we would all be rich wouldnt we? You gotta play the odds though. You use trendlines to see which direction the stock is going and indicators to see when to get in or out. (at least thats how i do it)

6. trend lines work better the shorter the time frame u look at ( obviously)

7. Stay away from technical analysis. It's going to be a difficult path.

8. Stop using candle light. That's your problem.

UV is the key ;)

9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

That is what I meant in my facetious remark ...

10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Excellent idea!

#10     Feb 29, 2008