Trend Harmony , Updated Results

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Jan 29, 2008.

1. I was actually waiting for your reply. Isn't it wonderful? You just don't get a lot of money from all that selling, right?

So therefore just hand your system/s to applicants, free. You won't miss the $500 to $2000 per copy (researchers or no researchers working for you) being as you are so successful, & you would be satisfying your altruistic intention towards all those who you claim would benefit.

#21     Feb 1, 2008
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I guess you don't understand anything about trading, all systems have drawdown even great ones. Selling tools/systems stablizes that cashflow. In addition why should I give my work away for free, even if I don't need the money , the money is a way of limiting how many people trade my systems. Giving away the systems is a stupid statement.

#22     Feb 1, 2008
  3. Thank you. You have just shown, beyond doubt, you don't know enough about trading at all. As it happens it was not really my intention to do that to you.

#23     Feb 1, 2008
  4. What you say is correct. If someone has a system that actually works, selling access is another way to diversify your earnings.

Personally, I have never bought nor trusted a canned system.

The concept of just trading it and getting ultrawealthy is a naive way to look at it. All leveraged trading carries huge risks.

#24     Feb 1, 2008
  5. byculla

byculla

Murray ,

Do not feel shy about admitting who you are on your site, instead of pretending to be selling a Turtle system written by Ruggiero.

Before I go any futher you should fix your crummy web site to work better.

Next don't pretend to not know what I was asking when I asked you for the following:
    The expectancy of the systems that you are hawking.
    The trading metrics.
    The R distribution.
    In the event you are ignorant of the meaning of the above terminology, then people should not be conned into buying your system ( case of blind leading the blind ).

Nobody wants to know the innerworkings of your blackbox system but we do want you to prove it is a profitable system before we hand over any money to any more snake oil salesmen.

#25     Feb 3, 2008
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

First my handle on ET is Murray Ruggiero so your comment about me being shy about admitting who I am is very funny.
    In terms of TradersStudio and selling my systems, TradersStudio has a group of people working for it. It's not just me. We have a support staff as well as 4 full time programmers in addition to having me designing and managing the development of the product. I have a marketing deal with TradersStudio for selling my tools and systems.

In terms of the Turtle system ,I say it's not the "Turtle system per say"; I call it SuperTurtle, which is mine. SuperTurtle is very robust relative to other channel breakout systems because the channel lengths are set based on the current dominant cycle. This methodology has a long history; I invented it in 1995 and published it in Futures Magazine. Future Truth has even show that this original system is still profitable, 12 years later!

First, I did not see anyone in this thread ask me about R distribution. No I did not run it, I have my own tests of robustness based on the optimization parameter space. In addition you can also run analysis removing the 3X sigma trades both winning and losing trades and the run the analysis on the remaining results.

In the case of SuperTurtle since it was a composite of my adaptive breakout, profitable after 12 years and the Turtle system still working after 20 years I did not think I needed to run this extra analysis. I guess based on results so far I was correct since the system is so highly ranked since release.

My question is how do you prove your system will make money in the Future. The best bet I know is to base your system on a strong premise and run the statisical system I have developed during my 17 years in this industry.

#26     Feb 3, 2008
  7. empee

empee

man I give you props Murray you take a lot of b.s. but I guess its part of the territory.

Cheers.

#27     Feb 4, 2008
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Thank you for your support.

#28     Feb 4, 2008
  9. With 3 posts, you are hardly in a position to be calling others "pretending."

And asking hard questions is not the same as insulting him. M.R. has a decent reputation as compared to "snake oil salesman." He has been quite open in this and other threads.

#29     Feb 4, 2008
  10. I remember when you began posting on Elite Trader. You had promise in the beginning but that was a year ago. Try to allow others to share their opinions and seek a balance in their postings without your continuous agitation.
    Thank you.

#30     Feb 4, 2008