Trend Harmony 2010 Results

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Apr 2, 2011.

1. bevok

bevok

Murray

Hi there

Are you able to supply any info on how much has changed between this and the original Trend Harmony e.g. how many parameters, any rules? Also how many parameters are there?

Finally would it be possible to post a start-trade drawdown graph for this portfolio?

Many thanks

Bevan

#21     Dec 12, 2011
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

The key between them is that Trend Harmony 2010 uses multiple timeframe analysis while simple harmony does not. This multiple timeframe analysis reduces drawdown by about half. Also notice with start trade drawdown we have a 90% chance the max drawdown will be less than about 23K.

#22     Dec 17, 2011
  3. bevok

bevok

Thanks Murray, the BMP comes up with 'invalid image'? I was meaning the difference between Trend Harmony 2010 and the one released back in 2005 (as tracked in Futures Truth).

I'm enjoying the Traders Studio demo.

Cheers

Bevan

#23     Dec 17, 2011
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Sorry, I am not sure why it's a bmp bitmap file , do you have any software to view bmp's.

What do you mean by the differences ?. In the markets traded ?. In the system 2010 we use multi-timeframe which reduces drawdown. Also in terms of results , Future Truth uses , Volume based rollovers, my results use fixed date rollovers. This makes a large difference in the performance numbers on a market by market basis, but only a small one across a large portifolo . I wrote an article on this earlier this year.

Also if you buy 2010 , you get all the versions with that purchase for historical reasons. I want to tell you I spent 3+ years trying to improve simple harmony and could not, until I developed this new version. It was finish in Summer of 2010, and has continue to outperform the orginal.

Also the point of the start trade drawdown results was that we have about a only a 10% chance of a drawdown greater than 24K on that medium portfiolo which I have been showing results for. This means we have a 90% chance of success if you planned for only a 24K drawdown on this portfiolo.

#24     Dec 18, 2011
  5. bevok

bevok

I was just meaning in terms of changes in parameters, or whether there were rule changes etc between the 2005 and 2010 versions. I thought there was a system called Trend Harmony alongside Simple Harmony both dating from 2005 (FT have them as systems 515 and 571 respectively) and that Trend Harmony 2010 was an update of that original system which was submitted to them in December 2005.

I've tried Picasa and MS Paint to open the BMP after unpacking the zip file but it just gives either a black image with Invalid Image in red, or "Paint cannot read this File" from MS Paint. Sorry to be a pain! Maybe the zip is corrupt, although I can open the xls file OK.

#25     Dec 18, 2011
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Rules and parameters were changed between Simple Harmony and Trend Harmony 2010, about 75% of the rules are the same, the new 25% causes the improvements. It took me 5 years to find rules I was happy with to improve Simple Harmony. I release Trend harmony 2010 , in July 2010, but actually develop it in Summer 2009. This means its actually held up for a few years now.

Simple Harmony was the orginal first cut at this trend following technology.

Trend Harmony was a more complex version of the system which used an Elliott wave filter to filter out market choppy periods. This allowed it to use tighter stops. This mechanism has not help up as well a the base system. This version was a request from someone who wanted to market the system for me.

Simple Harmony and Trend Harmony 2010 are both available in TradeStation versions as well as TradersStudio. We will ship both version if requested with your order.

#26     Dec 18, 2011
  7. Rocky2

Rocky2

tradestudio site looks a little too dingy a little difficult to navigate
    you guys need to simplify site. Something like OEC or IB

#27     Dec 18, 2011
  8. bevok

bevok

That explains it really well Murray, its interesting how these things evolve actually. You ought to write an article about it, maybe easier on an open system but even about this its a fascinating process putting a system live, seeing it in action and deciding if, when and how to change it. Simple Harmony has certainly done well

#28     Dec 18, 2011
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We have a few days left on our sale. The sale ends Dec 31,2011.

#29     Dec 27, 2011
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Here are upgraded results for Trend Harmony 2010

#30     Jan 13, 2012