Trend Following-Trend Commandments

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

There is a chapter in Trend Commandments called Snow Job--and some ways are outlined. An obvious one? Prior involvement (the not good kind) with law enforcement and or SEC/CFTC--good starting points too.

#51     Jun 28, 2011
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Anyone who promises a trade winning percent of 94% -- con.

#52     Jun 28, 2011
  3. #53     Jun 28, 2011
  4. How do you feel about journalists or writers that post statements out of context simply to sell their wares?

#54     Jun 28, 2011
  5. Market Surfer I just jumped on the link you sent.

Your all over this message board. May I ask why is it every thread your on ends up turning into controversy.

Even your own thread.

This thread here is about the Trend Following and the Trend Commandments but I was about to stop subscribing because all I was reading was blah blah blah instead of facts.

Anyone can grab the trend following book and open it to the performance section (go to Barnes and nobles locally if you don't want to buy it yet) and see the average absolute returns for themselves. It hard for someone to talk about that book especially if they have not even looked at it.

Covel does not list himself as some trend trader who became successful after studying with Richard Dennis and the turtles.

He basically provides a book of a boat load of trend following traders from another era covering results and individual concepts from interviews with them with a good bibliography to do your own research.

Good luck with wedding Market Surfer but the pattern of every thread your on goes nuts I see.

I do not know if your causing it or others don't like you and they react to your post.

#55     Jun 28, 2011
  6. If you want the truth, take your time and read the threads. If you want the opposite, wait for surf's response.

#56     Jun 28, 2011

7. Thanks for the kind wishes, but I don't understand your post. I am <I>IN</I> "trend commandments" as well as Covel's other books--- I think I understand what they are about.

Surf:confused:

#57     Jun 28, 2011
  8. Do you trade, and, if so, does your trading contribute materially to your overall income? This is a trading site, you are a sponsor and you write about trading. It is a fair question. Please answer it.

#58     Jun 28, 2011
  9. I will pm you that.

I'm up 44% since late March trading NQ futures with high leverage factors, nearly 12 to 1 in fact.

That's 136 contracts with 361,000 means 136*2285*20/361,000=17.21

Hmm... Think I should limit that to 12, but I'm pretty comfortable with what I'm doing. Did take a $71k draw on the last trade, though, but jumping the gun without confirmation from both systems naturally will have more risk. I entered a solid 15 points too early.

#59     Jun 28, 2011
  10. OK, received, thanks. Not sure why you don't post the URL directly to the thread -- fear of being charged with "spamming"? But that's your choice and I'll respect it.

#60     Jun 28, 2011