Trend Following-Trend Commandments

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Jun 22, 2011.

1. I'll guarantee and even wager it wouldn't be an honest and accurate representation of your actions in this forum. If it would, you'd have to move to Chile and change your name to Gustov.

#41     Jun 27, 2011
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

If you look close...wanna be Madoffs can be spotted long before the FBI cuffs them. Long before they assemble the next Ponzi scam, they tell you loud and clear where they are headed. And even when they are resting comfortably with three hots and a cot next to Madoff, they will still profess their innocence (and value)...

#42     Jun 27, 2011

3. What do you look for to spot the confidence men and scammers?

Surf

#43     Jun 27, 2011
  4. I see you still didn't answer the question that has now been asked twice in this thread. Pacing yourself, are you?

#44     Jun 27, 2011
  5. TF, what does this have to do with trend following? I'm not following. I'd be interested in hearing the performance from 93 to 2003 and want to know if it has been audited.

#45     Jun 27, 2011
  6. I'd accept performance histories, even if they were hypothetical, now, to summarize, I've read a lot of posts, and haven't gotten talking about any professional aspects such as data feeds, software licenses, or any other product that might help create a trading system. I think observing a buy and hold investment and calling it trend following gives the theory and use a bad name.

I've found the most competent individuals on the internet can at least talk and discuss their software issues when it comes to trading. I find it very interesting to read the reviews of all of the data vendors, software developers, and API's.

I'll summarize: Where is the discussion of Tradestation? Easy Language, Ninja Trader, TradeBullet, Trader68, Multicharts, e-Signal, BarChart.com, any broker, or a +, -, %, ^, $, (, ),*, /, possibly {, }, [, ], or any amount of logic with the | sign?

Shall we try to go over which ones are more likely to be in really productive discussions? Does it have something to do with 3rd party verification. Oops 2257 on the ask.

Holding through up trends is no different. If there is sell discipline it may outperform or about the same the time period, but that doesn't change what I don't want to pay any money for.

I think it would be better to focus less on what is out there, and try and create something original if he really wants to discuss these topics, and not embellish at the thought of one more well wisher who read the book but did not acquire any new skills from it. The trading classes most likely do not even discuss hedging strategies in their proper form. Rollover, contango, backwardation. When it comes to switching to reality, I find strategic planning is very important.

Is there something in your media you find interesting, Mr. Covel? I'm looking more for original dialogue than what I can read in your books, and, incidentally, the only thing that has that many pages that I want to read starts with a c, has f as the next letter, and a at the end.
    Watching NQ at 2256.

#46     Jun 27, 2011
  7. I thought you were a price physicist... Why would you need these other software packages? :confused:

#47     Jun 27, 2011
  8. I don't use anything but multicharts and esignal and wealth lab wl4 updates, but other lost souls might not know the difference between them. Multicharts is state of the art.

#48     Jun 27, 2011
  9. What I really need is to get this first $8,500 paid and 5 a month after for Thomson Reuters Enterprise Software Server Support.

Hmm, I wonder if anybody'll ever invest in that?

#49     Jun 27, 2011
  10. Do you still have your (pairs trading?) strategy on collective2? How's it doing? What's the URL? Thanks.

#50     Jun 28, 2011