Trend Following-Trend Commandments

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Jun 22, 2011.

1. As best I can tell, the two gentlemen are roughly 65 and 70 y.o., respectively.

#11     Jun 23, 2011
  2. Ash1972

Ash1972

Do we have any recent data on Seykota's fund performance? Over the last 15 years, perhaps?

Or is he more of a singer/songwriter these days? ;-)

#12     Jun 23, 2011
  3. Presumably it will be covered in Michael's new book(s).

#13     Jun 23, 2011
  4. You're a remarkable man, Rodney. You can be presumptuous and carry water at the same time.

#14     Jun 23, 2011
  5. Hey Mike, just read the book excerpt--- thanks for the name check.... I don't believe I was ever acknowledged on a list that includes <b>both </b> Black Francis and Dr. Niederhoffer. I feel like a <I> rock star </I>. :D :)

Surf :cool:

Ps. The chapter list looks intriguing--- when is the book hitting the street?

#15     Jun 26, 2011
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Official release was to be Jul 2, but it made it onto Amazon early!

#16     Jun 27, 2011
  7. I can make this simple:

What is your mathematical, quantitative definition of trend?

There is not a definition written by you that is publicly available.

Perhaps math will reveal trend following commandments that must put a stop to nearly 11 winning trades in a row .

Mr. Covel, aside from marketing your media, do you have a constructive definition? I think the last thread failed because you did not provide one. I find real financial research is much more important than providing stories about other successful traders as in the excerpt for Trend Commandments.

It seems the excerpt ommitted these definitions, so if they do appear later, maybe you can give us some of that unique insight.

I find mathematical comprehension is not emphasized in any of your books, and objectively categorizing traders into trend followers because they were in trades that won for long periods of time <b>is not how I would go about classifying any individual trader as such</b>, and that seems to be what you did in your media.

So, how about it? Can you define mathematically what trend following is? I have all day and thousands of charts that say I know more than you, and, incidentally, so does ProfLogic.

#17     Jun 27, 2011
  8. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Waiting on this response........ should be good :)

#18     Jun 27, 2011
  9. I learned a lot from Ed Seykota

Looking forward to following this thread.

#19     Jun 27, 2011
  10. The question had already been asked by someone else in the second post to this thread, and remains unaddressed. Why would you think Covel would answer now? I'm guessing he might answer the question if you were to, say, buy his Flagship Course at the family discount price of only $2,997. (Real course, real price. Mr. Covel is not shy.)

#20     Jun 27, 2011