Trend Following Super Fund SLAMMED !!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jul 15, 2009.

1. EPrado

EPrado

This is hsyterical coming from a guy who makes horrendous calls time and time again. Surf.....in all honesty how can you rip a strategy that over time is VERY profitable when you and your team of analysts haven't made a winning call on here yet? In fact...all have been horrendous. You go from having no money managment with gigantic stops 500 dow points away to now making calls using 20 dow point stops. You are lost my man.

For a guy who seems somewhat intelligent you still don't know the correct definition of trend following. One day you will get it.

#21     Aug 7, 2009

2. this is totally false. i have a strong historically positive record of calls documented here. Yes, over the last 2 years, things have been up and down when I have experimented with different trading strategies--

surf

#22     Aug 7, 2009
  3. You're not that open minded.

#23     Aug 7, 2009
  4. Not that I was ever a fan of your earlier neoganny bananny stuff, but did you perchance notice a deterioration in your call performance coinciding with your friendly association with VN? I'd look into that if I were you.

#24     Aug 7, 2009
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

or could it be just "a rising tide lifts all boats" during that time.

#25     Aug 7, 2009
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Up and Down ???????????

How about Down and Down.

#26     Aug 7, 2009
  7. spd

spd

its investor, not inwestor.

#27     Aug 7, 2009

8. actually, Tdog, you are correct.

when i stuck with the basic breakout/down neo gann system--it really nailed some huge moves. Niederhoffer taught me tons about markets, games of chance, et al--however i did suffer from overanalysing and learning to be critical of non-scientifically provable systems/methods ( my method )-- everyone is constantly evolving and that was one step along the way.....

best,

surf

#28     Aug 7, 2009

9. :D :D :D :cool:

#29     Aug 7, 2009

10. take a look at the calls on the surf report since 2002

many are counter the prevailing directional move in a big way.

best,

surf

#30     Aug 7, 2009