Trend Following Research (PDFs)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, May 29, 2013.

1. maler

maler

Michael, say I am a believer and would like to follow in Dunn's
    footsteps. Looking at his track record published on your website,
    I need to find a backer that will not pull the plug in a 60% drawdown
    of many years in legth. More recently it looks like a 10 year
    long drawdown. Do you think such a backer exists?

#21     Jul 17, 2013
  2. http://nyti.ms/1ehYLRa

The New York Times Company said on Saturday that it had agreed to sell The Boston Globe and its other New England media properties to John W. Henry...

#22     Aug 3, 2013
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Find the people who tolerated (2) S&P -50's, a Nikkei -77 and a Nasdaq -77 ...

#23     Aug 3, 2013
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's actually a good response.

#24     Aug 3, 2013
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Wonder what the story is there.

#25     Aug 4, 2013
  6. Don't know the backstory, but I image we'll see a lot of pro-trendfollowing editorial content in the BoGlo going forward...

#26     Aug 4, 2013
  7. the NYT has determined the edges of the NA continent are going to fall off.

IBD will probably be sold to Henry also.

Google "underwater" as a non TA facet of CW trading.

#27     Aug 4, 2013
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I would like to have you on the podcast Jack. Let you explain your world. I am sure it would be interesting.

#28     Aug 11, 2013
  9. Although published by an asset manager, I found the following paper to be quite insightful in providing an overview of TF performance in context to the last 2 years that have been marred by central bank intervention. Don't entirely agree with the methods used in the study but an interesting read nonetheless:
    http://www.garrettassetmanagement.com/pdf/Garrett Year2012.pdf

#29     Aug 18, 2013
  10. I am interesting in trend following on more than Forex. Currently I do it on a mini forex account using an EA I have. I would like to do the same on stocks and mini futures. What broker, platform and programming language would be best for this?

Is there one platform for all types of investments? Also where can I backtest against good data to see how my strategy would work on mini futures and stocks?

#30     Sep 30, 2013