Trend Following for Idiots (Order Restored)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steve46, Jul 23, 2007.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Thats a very glib response.

#41     Jul 23, 2007
  2. Sorry, but yours was a very glib analogy.

#42     Jul 23, 2007
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Feasting off the spoils of your ill-gotten gains, eh Steve?

Perhaps you should take the show on the road!!

#43     Jul 23, 2007
  4. the anecdotal evidence has arrived. thanks!

soon expect to see 'appeals to authority", "name calling", "generalities", bandwagon, and especially the "plain folks" in droves--- from: <i>the fine art of propaganda</i>

may i suggest robert park's book <i>voodoo science, from foolishness to fraud</i> for those who want a deeper understanding regarding exactly what's going on here.

carry on,

surf

#44     Jul 23, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Glib, how? In what way was I glib?

Your trifling logic never ceases to amaze.

#45     Jul 23, 2007
  6. Just a suggestion:

There are obviously two “camps” of people, those who believe (I use this term loosely) and those who disbelieve in trends. We’ve all established that this difference exists, no need to deviate from the subject by persistently posting repetitive anti- or pro-trend arguments. Better yet, learn to agree to disagree and let Steve46 and ProfLogic (on his thread) continue whatever they sought out to do without the constant divergences.

#46     Jul 23, 2007
  7. Well I agree but this is not going to happen. The market is all about disagreement and its natural that it's participants will disagree on just about everything.:)

#47     Jul 23, 2007
  8. If you don't see how your Kim Jong-Il analogy was entirely misguided (and glib) in the context of this debate, then this exchange requires far more of an investment in time than I am capable of providing. However, I do wish you much trading success where price does not trend in your favor (since, reportedly, trends don't exist). Good luck with that.

#48     Jul 23, 2007
  9. I'm back..

Alright everyone, the phrase for the day is

"Its a ruse goddamit"

You heard the man, everyone to their posts, lock & load

if you see even one ruse, or a herd of kangaruse, shoot to kill.

Steve

#49     Jul 23, 2007
  10. i just want to clarify my views on this topic. i am not saying, nor have i ever stated that one doesn't make money directionally trading by holding during a period of consistently higher or lower prices. of course this is how money is made, when trading directionally.

however, one can not determine with any odds greater than 50/50 just when to to enter a trade based on looking at past chart trends. therefore, knowing the supposed trend provides the trader no edge regardless of what is said. this isnt even mentioning the statistical studies ( flawed studies say the followers) that clearly indicate no edge or even a negative edge at times.

if i flip a coin 10 times and get 10 heads, am i in a "heads trend"?

regards,

surf

#50     Jul 23, 2007