Trend Following for Idiots (Order Restored)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steve46, Jul 23, 2007.

1. good post, thanks!

reality is, it's a positive that well meaning people like steve46 and vendors like proflogic continue to propagate these persistant myths. one by one the sheeple will fall off the trend cliff or realize the folly, starting to grow into a true understanding of the dynamics at work.

regards, surf

#31     Jul 23, 2007
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Crazy talk. There is nothing in history or science that would aid the identification of your beloved 'trend'. Or suggest that it even exists!

Think about it rationally. The markets are nothing more than a vast pool of chaotic activity that defies any organized or predictable behavior. How can we know this?

How can we know Kim Jong-Il won't drop his pants on Jan 11th, 2010 and declare war on Western Civilization???

We simply can't know. Its impossible.

#32     Jul 23, 2007
  3. You know Marketsurfer, one would think that with your advanced understanding of the "dynamics" of the market, that you would trade more profitably....

Thanks for the profound statement..

#33     Jul 23, 2007
  4. people do not like unpredictability and chaos. constructs are created to ease the mind and create the illusion of order. proflogic is a prime example--those who can not develop their own construct seek gurus who claim to have the answers. its a universal truth which proflogic and others like him continue to exploit either knowingly or unknowingly. one must embrace the facts, and dismiss the rants of the gurus and simply misled.

regards, surf

#34     Jul 23, 2007
  5. I do appreciate all the "universal" truths you have to offer us.

You don't mind if we continue do you? I am sure there is nothing here in this thread to threaten you...

Do you mind?

#35     Jul 23, 2007
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Only one minor point of contention - "well meaning people like Steve46".

Its been suspected for sometime now that Steve operates a clandestine signal service offering trend-following enthusiasts the chance to profit from his blatant chicanery.

Of course, Elitetrader has served as the preferred breeding ground to sucker and dupe the unsuspecting into his tantalizing web.

Now the jig is up and he's been exposed. A very elaborate ruse, Steve. Bravo.

#36     Jul 23, 2007
  7. I will go with the balance of probability and bet against his doing so.

#37     Jul 23, 2007
  8. I think you mean "ruse" sir...and thanks for another fact filled post.....

Sigh...

It is lunch time in NY so I am off to get something to eat..Lovely speaking with you all...

#38     Jul 23, 2007
  9. Clearly, then, you don't exist.
    :D

#39     Jul 23, 2007
  10. achilles28

achilles28

No, I mean RUSE, Goddammit!!!

#40     Jul 23, 2007