Trend Following for Idiots (Order Restored)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steve46, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Last the Position Bond chart as of Friday but 7 times slower than the Swing chart. The circled section here is the Swing chart increment.

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. Hello Prof

You also do not belong anywhere near a thread for "idiots"..:D

Interesting chart...Thanks for posting.

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. Steve did you hear a big sucking sound all of a sudden?

#13     Jul 23, 2007
  4. No he hasn't had a women since the 80's

#14     Jul 23, 2007
  5. Yes, I see that Marketsurfer just showed up... shouldn't you be kneeling...or do you have a special salute...:D

I can think of one, if you are uncertain...:D

Not to cause hard feelings, but in future, I will be unavailable at times during the trading day...Sometimes I like to trade and I find I don't do as well, nor do I enjoy it as much when I am distracted by "Idiots"...Don't worry, I will be back to continue class. Please no drooling...

#15     Jul 23, 2007
  6. As soon as he showed up with his typical snide remark he deleted his post . . .

I knew I heard a sucking noise.

#16     Jul 23, 2007

7. Too desperate.. too many revisions

In fact the whole thread is a psychological projection of your own unconscious fears

#17     Jul 23, 2007
  8. hcour

hcour Guest

You know, Steve, I always enjoy your technical posts, you have so much to offer that is legitimate and insightful. But before I can bring myself to click on one of your threads I always have to get past this whole, seemingly obsessive, "idiot" thing that you have going on in almost everything you write. It's like, I think to myself, "Ok, I've just been insulted before I've even begun to read this thing but I'm going to ignore that and get into the thread for its relevant content rather than its nasty attitude." I mean, literally, every single post from you in this thread so far goes: "Idiot Idiot Idiot". You set it up so you're trashing your audience from the get-go and then gleefully rise to the occasion at the inevitable folk who respond "Oh yeah?! Well, you're the real idiot!" And blah, blah, blah - it quickly devolves into another childish ET flamewar.

If you really consider certain folk as idiots, just <i>ignore</i> them. It's not that complicated, I do it all the time. This is the internet, idiots are its lifeblood. And when I say "ignore" I don't mean necessarily putting people on IGNORE. I've been on the net since the heyday of Compuserve and Usenet and I've never, ever put anybody in my "killfile". I, too, used to do the flame-thing, but not anymore. Nowadays, when I read an idiot, I just don't respond. Let me repeat that. I just don't respond. It's that simple. You like to put people down, what's more insulting to someone than utterly ignoring their comments as unworthy of even a cursory response?

Harold

#18     Jul 23, 2007
  9. Like I said, unconscious psychological projection.. Steve's greatest fear that he cannot face consciously is that he is an idiot.. which guarantees he is not profitable or he would not have such a poor self image

#19     Jul 23, 2007
  10. Thanks Harold;

You make valid points. One has to decide how to handle these issues. I have not made up my mind just yet, but I will certainly consider your comment. I am never to proud to learn something new from my fellow man...

Best regards
    Steve

#20     Jul 23, 2007