Trend Following for Idiots (Order Restored)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steve46, Jul 23, 2007.

1. The point where they will loose their edge can still come. JWH was also successful for years. But on the other hand these few traders can also be the exceptions to confirm the rule. Future will tell.

My point was that JWH was a good trader, but only traders that are successful now are relevant as proof of things that do or do not work. Past performances have no value for present situations if at present these performances are not there anymore.

Don't all these traders use a kind of TA? Big amounts of money have to be managed by maths, you cannot managed it on "fingerspitzengefuhl" and "other things".
    I think especially Simmons is more a TA guy as he works purely on maths.

#121     Jul 24, 2007
  2. Ok threads been cleaned up, if you have legitimate contributions to the topic, please feel free to repost. If its not on topic, there is a thread for that in chitchat. Only Warning...
    NO BS in the "Trading" Forum take it elsewhere ET monkeys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#122     Jul 27, 2007

3. Yeah, VN staged what may be the greatest comeback in speculative history--i can't believe the jokers who dismiss this fact. the guy is an american hero, a master of the game.

Perhaps if you are talking about very long term upward drift or the 100 year trend---you may be right, otherwise NO.

regards,
    surf

#123     Jul 27, 2007
  4. Hey Steve,

I hope you continue to post some real trading examples if you have the time.

I still have trouble following the trend and am working on some trend following systems.

#124     Aug 1, 2007