Trend following equity curve

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by phil_galt, Jun 14, 2009.

1. That's one of the problems. they're all correlated. And the take off starts with the commodity crisis on july 2008.
    Maybe it's just works with a lot of volatility and a strong trend.

But, it's still works with the actual rally.

#11     Jun 14, 2009
  2. No, the trading system is long when the trend is up and short when it is down.

#12     Jun 14, 2009
  3. x.jpg shows over 400 trades. Do you include commission and slippage in your calculations?

#13     Jun 14, 2009
  4. yes, commissions and slippage are include.

#14     Jun 14, 2009
  5. Considering this being an TF model...

1. You're missing the whole point of TF. The essence of the style is to trade multiple markets by increase the potential profitable opportunity of catching an outlier move. Posting a bunch of reports/equity curve for a single product is pretty much useless.

2. Another core issue you're missing out (or not providing) is the market selection logic. This needs to be tested and without providing the tests results for this. I find it useless to provide you with any kind of feedback / opinion.

How you present your model to people = the compentency as a systematic trader.

#15     Jun 14, 2009
  6. 1. if it works well for a lot of single products, it should work with a portfolio.
    And the stocks in my selection avec from differents sectors.

2. it's a TF, so i'm looking for trending stocks. I use the relative strengh to find the best trending stocks.
    But maybe it's not the best way.
    I'll have to work on this tests of market selection.

#16     Jun 15, 2009
  7. For some reason...

You know what...

Good luck. Do a search on Turtle Trading and Curtis Faith.

#17     Jun 15, 2009
  8. Are you using intraday price data? I am not able to reproduce your results using 3 years of daily price data for United States Steel stock symbol X. Are you sure your calculations are good? I don't observe greater than 400 trades even with a very short term system.

#18     Jun 15, 2009
  9. well considering, i use everything at my disposal including intraday data.

#19     Jun 15, 2009
  10. could you post your EC? That would be interesting for me?

#20     Jun 15, 2009