Trend Following dying?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JezLiberty, Feb 17, 2010.

1. The way I look at it is through the patterns and the nesting of fractals.

The order of events in the the internals usually goes to completion with translation finally emerging from the series. Then after translation to get to an end of a pattern move, the next pair is often a H-H as an internal which is then followed by transaltion.

So my reply is to look closely at the small very sub sub pattern within a two bar yellow made up of a H-H. There you see declining volume into a sub sub rtl followed by increasing volume after the sub sub rtl.

Here is an example. The FOMC news.

[​IMG]

Move 1 was short and the two bar yellow was a before and after shot (bar 54 and 55). So you see an H-H composed the way I explained in a subsub context.

Move 2 was an IBGS on 55, then 56 and the beginning of 57. Again the sub sub rtl was crossed on 57's beginning in that H-H.

Move 3 was short and expired on the IBGS of bar 59.

The context is now the short tape overlap with a potential long tape on a BBT 1 long where we need, by CP 4, a point 2 for the tape outside of the thick red RTL. No H-H here since the short wa over in the bar 59 and it was long before the bar close.

H-H's are called this since the close to open is a hinge at a bar extreme (one end or another.)

I hope I prevented you from using a shape (H-H) to become a rule and, instead, you are using the mind building of patterns and fractals being nested and the three mind operators of spatial, shape and movement.

i brought into play different aspects of SCT in each post and illustration. I'm sure everyone unfamiliar with doing the mind building learning process is inclined to make the usual judgements to reject what I have suggested in relation to trends. 4 o out 5 people do this and then go on about their business. A few people feel the need to steer as many people away from this as possible. This approach to discourage people is very helpful to those who agree with these detractors.

#31     Feb 17, 2010
  2. Why do threads on trend following turn into ones about bizzare chart art?

Pretty pictures folks, but no meat on the bones.

Bizzare!

#32     Feb 17, 2010
  3. Things must be really bad in the day trading world.

A sure sign is folks gathering around the bizzare and esoteric to in an attempt to make money.

Let's get this thread back on topic. Let the chart painters and astrologers, numerolgists and line drawers have their own fun on their own sites. they are not welcome here.

GO AWAY

#33     Feb 17, 2010
  4. The Atlanta job phone number (numerologistically speaking) is 404 495 7417. For details on the job make a phone call.

#34     Feb 17, 2010
  5. ok I have interpreted them as a double hinge. This is different.
    Their use was definitely not as a rule, but used as an awareness.
    This is very helpful thanks.

#35     Feb 17, 2010
  6. bighog

bighog Guest

Threw in the towel for today............small commission loss on 6 trades. Range up to now is 6 1/2 handles, no one in their right mind can trade crap like that.

I was going to post to this thread to show breakout stuff in trend trading is cool but i see Jack and the guys with crayons and a ruler hijacked the thread as usual. So maybe i will try somewhere else.

These fucking clowns always ruin a good thing.

PS: considering the range and working on a rather new strat............. "It's all good"

#36     Feb 17, 2010
  7. wow... catching up on this thread after being away from the computer and boy did it veer off course.

I was expecting some endless "why trend following works/does not work" discussion - the thread never managed to reach that stage... ;-)

#37     Feb 17, 2010
  8. This thread was started by a vendor in violation of the rules of ET. Certinly the posters here feel I did the usual of stealing the thread.. I simply used my right as a member to answer the question asked.

Below I am posting my summary of what I suggested would happen during the day and after it began. I see everyday as a series of profit segments that are each trends. As was pointed out this was a day that had a range deemed untradable by others. It was a day of testing the "R" and as such did several tests and had a three move news period.

In Tucson lunch this time of year is after the close.

my reason for posting in this thread is to make the point of how valuable trend trading really is.

A coupleof posters did not recognize the trend annotations nor that volume leads price. Why would they? To recognize trends and trader them , you have to do the annotations. Annotating trends always assures you that you know what side of the market is the correct side. The rcorrect side depends upon the fractal you trade. I trade the observable fractal which yields 20 to 40 trades a day. Today was 25. All were known in advance in terms of their order and direction. SCT trading is based on binary vctors. Binary vectors keep the trader totally abreast of what the day holds as you have seen.

Good luck to everyone. Trend trading is quite productive.

As they said, "now back to the topic" instead of what I am talking about.

#38     Feb 17, 2010
  9. Do't be shy. As a vendor, you have some sales to try to make.

Go for it. Get the thread back on course. Making money intraday trading trends is certainly off course.

#39     Feb 17, 2010
  10. Jack,

you have an ftt of the container down at bar 40 correct?

next comes bars 42 to 47.
    How do you handle this move? ( besides long on bar 42 . I am speaking of how it fits into bigger picture)
    I see it has it's own pattern and thats easy enough.

How does this fit into the large red down container . . . as it is a fan out of the bar 36 right red trendline . . . but what is it building in the larger move? Is it all part of the retrace starting at bar 28 and ending on bar 47 ?

bar 47 on easy enough to see.

thanks

#40     Feb 17, 2010