trend following delusion shattered

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hank rollins, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammybea

sammybea

#31     Mar 16, 2005
  2. Where else would i get useful information?
    How can i prove that i only use past price information?
    I don't have the intention to put my system on the internet.

#32     Mar 16, 2005
  3. Hey Spike:
    What you are reading are comments form folks who don't have their skills together.
    To make this business work, you have to be able to do what the average "retail" trader would have thought impossible (obviously these folks believe it can't be done).
    Actually it (forecasting trend) is done every day by good traders. In addition, it can be done in a variety of ways from using simple moving averages, to watching overseas markets, bond markets, energy markets (Yes I'm talking about "prices") and premium levels. Finally, good traders know their levels (where have programs come in previously, where has price reversed previously, where has the majority of volume been done previously?). Obviously posters here don't do their homework and are having a little anxiety
    Come off it folks, go back to the drawing boards and learn your markets.
    Quit bitching and moaning about how hard it is and put yourself on the line. You either have it or you don't. If not, go out and get it.
    Good luck,
    Lefty

#33     Mar 16, 2005
  4. Saying "past price" here means past market price as seen on level I, the same price used to draw a standard chart. There are many other sorts of market data available.

If you can't prove that your predictions are based solely on past price, then the exercise is pointless.

#34     Mar 16, 2005
  5. BSAM

BSAM

:eek:

#35     Mar 16, 2005
  6. Bullshit. price is price. Look at the chart. Price started to downtrend in the previous session and followed through into the morning.

there are two EMA's here. One is a 5 period EMA. The other is a 21 period EMA.

These trends tend to reflect the larger trend that we see on the daily charts.

Put it togther folks, (or not).

Lefty

#36     Mar 16, 2005
  7. Yeah, and 19 out of 20 traders "eek" as they go down ugly.

#37     Mar 16, 2005
  8. I prefer to predict price action on future events. Like right now I watching the 2010 Super Bowl on my future TV set and I will buy or sell the ES for the rest of the day based on who wins. Oh, by the way Tampa & Toronto are playing.

eek: eek: eek: eek: eek: eek: eek: eek:

#38     Mar 16, 2005
  9. i use the feed from Esignal.
    I have ticks coming in. That's all i have and need.
    I don't even know anything else than ticks. But that's perhaps due to my lack of intelligence.

Perhaps you could come and sit next to me? But even then you're not sure. I might have a transmitter in my head that gives additional information, or perhaps i get additional information when i look at the trees or at the sky, i might evenb have people that help me by manipulating markets.

If you put enough restrictions and ask lots of prove of things no one can proof, you will automatically be right. Every proven results can be put in question, so nothing can ever be proved.

#39     Mar 16, 2005
  10. Nice Lefty, I think mine is prettier though . . . lol

#40     Mar 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.