trend following & dealing with retracements

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by vita, Dec 20, 2008.

1. I agree, for you there is no edge.

For others who can use the pool extraction algorithm, they are following the textual outline asociated with the illustration. Some use it mechanically and others use the ATS versions.

#21     Dec 21, 2008
  2. Sure there are, just like children who give Santa their list and he comes down the chimney Christmas Eve and places all those gifts under the tree.

#22     Dec 21, 2008
  3. Thank you for making my point.

4 out of 5 who have offered opinions on pool extraction and its applications agree with you.

The 1 in 5 who do not agree with you use the applications to make money.

It is a choice for anyone. In trading, as in science, proving something doesn't work has not happened as yet. you have chosen, passively for it to not work for you. Others have made the opposite choice.

#23     Dec 21, 2008
  4. Here we go again.

If there is no proof, than it must be voodoo. Show me the proof; talk is cheap, cheaper than the air we breath.

#24     Dec 21, 2008
  5. Stop talking and consult the polls I referenced.

Then consult the journals with the most hits (skip those below 1,000,000 per year and if closed below 500,000 per year currently).

Talk is cheap, look at the walk.

#25     Dec 21, 2008
  6. All that is hearsay.

I want proof, something that would pass the smell test of the NY Times/Futures Truth and even be considered as evidence in a court of law.

Please, save your breath and stop wasting your time if you cannot produce bonafide evidence that withstands rigorous due diligence and forensic analysis. Let's start with anyone's--just one single soul's--audited trading results for a few years.

Happy Hanukah.

#26     Dec 21, 2008
  7. vita

vita

Thanks. I do consider higher time frames and totally agree with you. I've also found, painfully I must add, that the damage of being "tagged" in a dip goes beyond missing out the potential continuation. It's the risk of overtrading which is far more detrimental, as you mentioned.

#27     Dec 21, 2008
  8. jem

jem

I will settle for 3 months of day trades.

or even one weeks worth of "expert trading" where someone is always in.

You have been doing this bullshit on the internet since the mid nineties or earlier. Why is there not one profitable Hershey daytrader ?

Jack Hershey is the Borat of trading.

#28     Dec 21, 2008
  9. Jack, I love it when you write a post 100 times longer than my clear pointed critique and never address the issue. The fact that you have consistently done that for years to me and others speaks volumes. Open mouth, closed mind. My offer still stands to have a moderated debate on the nature of the markets. And, yes, I am smug. But the 1300 lines of code I run intraday to find likely S/R are anything but superficial.

#29     Dec 21, 2008

10. Google the IB who did a third party evaluation of 31 trades one day that netted 17 points on 100,000 shares. He offered a discount commission to anyone who used the method.....hint hint....

Are you new on the web???

#30     Dec 21, 2008