"Trend Following" Book; FREE Kindle Version

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Sep 30, 2010.

1. It's not you, it's the device. Screens are low res compared to print - harder to read, slower to read.

Only when Apple (or whoever) releases a "Retina" version of the iPad can this change.

#21     Sep 30, 2010
  2. Just got my new Kindle yesterday and downloaded "Trend Following" a few mins ago, thanks for that Michael. I recently got the iphone 4 and have been reading books using the kindle app for iphone which is better than you'd think it is (while in the subway etc). This Kindle should be a lot better

I'm heading out to to take the subway now with it. Going from financial district to SOHO. Thanks

#22     Sep 30, 2010
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I don't wear glasses or contacts. Early 40s, but my eyes started going toast for reading regular paper print about 5 years ago. Bad light? Forget it. I attribute that to 15 years of staring at lit screens.

Will teenagers today be blind by forty? :)

#23     Sep 30, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've gotta admit, since using multiple monitors for several years, no matter the background color I use, my vision isn't the same...

If I could make a suggestion, the pretty black background is nice for posting a screenshot, and the white background is too bright imo. I have been doing better with a slate blue background, or a mild yellow background. Guess everyone's different. Just pointing out what's helping me vs. the black backgrounds I used to always use.

On the contrarian side, the new Gordon Gecko uses a 6 monitor set up running Lightspeed with all black backgrounds.:p :D

#24     Sep 30, 2010
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

#25     Oct 1, 2010
  6. guffey

guffey

I just loaded it up on my iPad. I already have the hardcover but free is always nice. :D

Thanks for the heads up.

#26     Oct 1, 2010
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I put on an iPod touch...but damn it would be hard to read whole book on that!

#27     Oct 1, 2010
  8. Folks,

To read this book, you can also download the "Kindle for PC" app from Amazon for free. It allows you to read the Kindle books on your PC.

Go to Amazon.com, type "Kindle for PC" and click the link that will take you to the download page.

Then go grab Michael's fine book while you can.

#28     Oct 1, 2010
  9. Certainly a generous offer from Dr Covel and/or Amazon. One quibble with the book, though -- much of the content is a series of tables of monthly performance by this-or-that trendfollower. All these tables could be compressed into a single table with a column for each program. Also, in the absence of specific strategy info -- to which Dr Covel isn't privy -- there's not much to learn from the fact that trendfollower X did 7% better than trendfollower Y one year, then 5% worse the next.

#29     Oct 4, 2010