"Trend Following" Book; FREE Kindle Version

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

You mean the same younger crowd that worships Lady Gaga? ;-)

#11     Sep 30, 2010
  2. Thanks Michael. I grabbed it also and added to the growing list of free good books to read. Just got the Kindle and it is great. I call it the "anti-iPad" because it is so cheap and does ebooks very well but that's about it. It has a browser but is only good for very basic and limited surfing. I originally was going to buy an iPad to read ebooks but am happy with the Kindle for what it does.

The problem of course with reading books on the iPad is the back-light strains your eyes after awhile and Kindle does not have this issue. When you sit in front of a screen all day the last thing I'd like to do is relax by reading from another lighted display. I think I read faster on it compared to a real book. Also, nothing like carrying around an entire library in your hand... great for those of us who like to have a few books going at once.

#12     Sep 30, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol!!! Exactly!

Btw, getting ready to go on line this evening, and get a copy of your book. Can't wait to read it!

Probably going to buy the hardcopy rather than the kindle deal, read the book in bed, and tick off my Wife.:D

Oh well, I'm sure the contents will help my trading, and she will be able to buy some more shoes, more clothes, and more hair stuff.:( HELP!:D

#13     Sep 30, 2010
  4. Picaso

Picaso

(Not to kiss your butt or anything, but...) I read the first hardcover edition and it was well worth the price.

I guess they're trying to get more "technical" readers to sign up for a Kindle.

As for people reading slower on devices, it's harder to skim through a book in a e-reader, but easier to keep attention on the screen if you're reading the whole thing. Most people report reading more books than ever since they got a Kindle.

Here it says $0.00 including VAT so I guess the offer is also valid for Europe - can't check, don't have one yet.

Congrats on your last documentary, btw. :)

#14     Sep 30, 2010
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

#15     Sep 30, 2010
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

#16     Sep 30, 2010
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

There is no 'secret pixie dust' in there, but there is a ton of wisdom from some very bright and successful trend followers.

BTW, Dunn's WMA program is at new highs. Give him props. Track record since 84.

#17     Sep 30, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

No magic pixie dust in any book. If there was, the edge wouldn't be an edge for long. However, I'm sure your book gives some good insight, and good guidance. I look forward to reading it!

I'm not familiar with Dunn's WMA. Is he a subject in the book, or is he a student of yours?

WMA? Weighted Moving Averages? Hope that one doesn't get me laughed out if wrong. Lol

#18     Sep 30, 2010
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Dunn (www.dunncapital.com) is profiled in my book. No student of mine! He is one of best ever.

#19     Sep 30, 2010
  10. Love it. Fantastic take-anywhere reading tool. Great browsing experience, in many ways better than on a desktop. When Goodle Docs goes live and allows document creation properly synced in the cloud (Apple's own apps are fantastic but sync/merge poorly) it will be a viable laptop replacement for a huge chunk of the computing public.

It isn't intended as an "all things to all people" device - it's more for content consumption than content creation - approached in that spirit it's hard to be disappointed. Don't expect to crunch Matlab code or debug firmware on it, you will be disappointed. ;)

#20     Sep 30, 2010