Trend Follower John Henry Assets Drop 80% In Year!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, May 29, 2007.

1. EPrado

EPrado

Why are you so jealous of JWH ? You take shots at him any chance you get, but then you worship a guy who imploded like VN. At least JWH didnt burn all his investors and have to sell of his own assets to meet obligations. . At the end of the day...JWH is a legend...and a mighty rich one at that.

You should really worry about your own trading as your trades in the indexes have been pitiful.

#21     May 29, 2007
  2. I have to agree. It is not as if commodities have chopped in a tight range for years on end. Indeed, there have been some significant trends in recent years in gold, crude, natural gas, currencies, and stock indices (global), to name a few.

For some reason JWH, Dunn, and others have not taken advantage.

#22     May 30, 2007
  3. scriabinop23

ur post makes no sense...i've seen all of them rally in the last couple years (while hes down 35+%)

trend following = buy when breakout or buy when MA's cross over or buy when trading above 50 day MA ...etc ...etc

lot of markets doin that...and hes losing money

i can understand in 2002-2004 with no market trends
    but last 2 yrs...BIG PICTURE ..is just up up up (bid deal we had some little hiccups...stuff doesnt go up forever)

EUR/$, china, latin america, sp's , russel, etc

and your argument for him being too big...well..if hes too big..maybe he shouldnt be in those losing positions hes in either

my argument is..if he says hes trend following in his offering memorandum to investores ..then hes OBVIOUSLY lying to his investors...cause hes on the wrong side of some major trends of the last year and change

#23     May 30, 2007

4. hi jem,

are you saying due to size??

thanks,

surf

#24     May 30, 2007

5. :D :D

feepiggery--- i sense a wikipedia entry coming soon!

:D :D

#25     May 30, 2007
    #26     May 30, 2007
  7. John Henry was in trouble years ago and the fact he went to Tony Robbins for advice was so "telling". Henry thought he himself was the problem, when in fact it was his approach. His recent results (past 3 years) confirm this.

Bottomline: a shrink won't help you if you are trading with a systematic methodology.

#27     May 30, 2007

8. very interesting and telling. let's hope JWH went to Robbins for personal issues and not trading issues---your post makes me think its trading issues. what's the source of this information?

thanks!

surf

#28     May 30, 2007
  9. And how do you know this?

#29     May 30, 2007
  10. jem

jem

yes and also a few years ago, I wrote a post about the fact i could get a pretty good idea about what my managers were doing based on the returns. particular if they were trend followers and only a few markets would have qualified.

I suspect that there are now a few funds that place a little money with these large guys and then use the majority of their fund to front run and or fade depending on their size.

What else would be a better way to use a data mining program and some customer money.

By the way if anyone wants to hire me I have other ideas as well.

#30     May 30, 2007