Trend Days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jul 13, 2003.

1. No posts deleted by me. Sometimes my browser spreds the pages all over the screen. Weird.

Yeah, I haven't looked at futures even one time to see how it works.

Awhile back, on a similar topic, one of the members posted that the method didn't work as well as it had previously. Of course I can think of a some reasons why during that time it might have been true. Or even might be true.

I wrote an excel scan for this play, although I never play it! But it sure sems like whenever I run the scan, which shows me the last five days activity, that there are plenty of profit opps, nice one's too. I cannot speak to the idea of getting in and holding for the day expecting a trend day. But as far as extreme breaks for nice profits, I know they are there.

But I'm sure you have noticed as I have, that just trading the previous day's break usually gives you an opportunity for a nice profit. Empirically, looking at a chart it is fairly obvious that stocks don't move straight sideways, even during a sideways move. I have never tried it, but I feel confident that a trader could make a nice living just trading the previous day's break.

Good luck today man!

#21     Jul 18, 2003