Trend Day Tuesday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jul 28, 2003.

1. man

man

Vishnu
    I tried a similar thing and could not prove that narrow range days help to predict anything about the next day. neither direction, nor range. to me it seems to be kind of rumour about it. it might be that people just compare the following day with the previous one and therefore feel it is trending a lot or having extraordinary range.
    maybe NR days help in determining early entry points for breakouttrading - just as happened today.

peace

#21     Jul 29, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

you may want to check out ensign software to see how they do it
    http://www.ensignsoftware.com/tips/tradingtips27.htm

I don't have the foggyist what that mean but it sound good.

#22     Jul 29, 2003
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Actually the range for the first 20 minutes was pretty narrow, only 4.50 pts in the ES. But due to the surprisingly bad Consumer Confidence numbers at 10a we may well get your trend day after all.

#23     Jul 29, 2003
  4. I could see the elevator cables frayed just before 10:00 and entered short at 993. That was a nice quick pop for + 7 pts! I saw some action on the time and sales that finally pushed me to enter at 993. I also feel that some people are definitely getting info early!

#24     Jul 29, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

i've noticed this over and over again, next time i'm in with those bastards:mad:

#25     Jul 29, 2003
  6. funky

funky

actually, i didn't even know that the #'s were coming out. my fault. i had an short entry signal at 100.00 on SPY, @953. all i saw was the range being broken shortly before 10, and the bids being lifted when this happened. its nice to know that you can just look at the charts to see whats coming.

#26     Jul 29, 2003
  7. acrary

acrary

Nobody is getting info early. That big spike was helped by hedge funds doing SAR. It's common to SAR below the low of the previous day.

#27     Jul 29, 2003
  8. man

man

alan
    i know you have me on ignore. nevertheless: do you support the common view on the forecasting power of NR days?

peace

#28     Jul 29, 2003
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

:D

#29     Jul 29, 2003
  10. acrary

acrary

I don't have you on a ignore list. I just don't followup in a thread when someone posts a opinion. I can comment on facts behind opinions, but not on opinions since we may use different facts.

My research shows NR tends to beget NR and WR tends to beget WR. Since there has to be a transition between the two, try looking for the transition periods. Try thinking in terms of NR with indecision such as a tight doji (open near close with tight range).
    My stuff shows big moves tend to happen when there is a high degree of indecision.

#30     Jul 29, 2003