Trend Day Tuesday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Sashe

Sashe

cause everybody and their brother expecting it

#11     Jul 29, 2003
  2. was wave 2 consolidating, and the market decides to begin
    wave 3 up, then today will be one hell of a BULL run.

best of trading to all-

momo

#12     Jul 29, 2003
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well we did not get the gap, but we have seen a pretty wide range in the first 20 minutes of the day to the downside. This is very often something seen for a trend day.

Brandon

#13     Jul 29, 2003
  4. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

wowsers!

#14     Jul 29, 2003
  5. There is no doubt that yesterday was a narrow range day. A cursory look at the daily chart tells you that. One can gain confidence from looking at the chart without doing detailed studies of positive expectancy and see narrow range days precede wider range days, many of which are nice long trend days.

For the "but what about the whipsaw" crowd, there are two answers. First, because of the narrow range of the narrow range day, the risk using something as simple as 'exit or reverse if the opposite extreme is broken' is acceptable. And second, you just don't see that many outside days.

Hey, anyone with Tradestation or some screener..... how about a report that simply gives the number of outside bars for a time frame. Because the same is true for any time frame, the number of outside days is small. Use the Dow as an example.

#15     Jul 29, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

Did someone else notice the selling on the Es, right before 10:00, while the NQ just sat there? Smells fishy, if you ask me.

#16     Jul 29, 2003
  7. The crap my account went through yesterday was more than made up for by the move we just had... the wonderful thing about this trading game is that ya just don't know what to expect :cool:

#17     Jul 29, 2003
  8. No, but I sold the NQ right then on a pullback trade, didn't even now about the numbers. Was a bit suprised when the price immdediatly plummeted. :) A quick 15 points is always nice.

#18     Jul 29, 2003
  9. funky

funky

THEY are out to get you Ditch!

#19     Jul 29, 2003
  10. Ditch

Ditch

hey, i went short at 991 so i still got something, but i'm pissed off that there seem to be guys who get the info before it's supposed to be released.

#20     Jul 29, 2003