Treasury Secretary Mnuchin making a big mistake!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 24, 2018.

1. southall

southall

Munchkin's tweet wiped off over $650 Billion from the Wilshire 5000 today
    And pushed that index into a bear market, by my reckoning it closed down over 20% today (from its all time high).
    The total market cap index is down over $6 Trillion since making that all time high 3 months ago.

#21     Dec 24, 2018
  2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

This is correct.

For the unknowing and non-believers, read all about it directly from the Fed...

https://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/feds/2007/200713/200713pap.pdf

#22     Dec 24, 2018
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There is no such thing as a PPT that buys equities to supports markets. No evidence has been presented ever.

#23     Dec 24, 2018
  4. LanceJ

LanceJ

Wrong, Syria will be a breeding ground for Terrorists if we Stay. Intervention is always the wrong answer.

#24     Dec 25, 2018
    apdxyk likes this.
  5. apdxyk

apdxyk

Yes, that is what Russians want: have us entangled on as many fronts as possible outside, while driving wedges inside.

#25     Dec 25, 2018
  6. volpri

volpri

Divide and conquer. While the Fed gets richer!

#26     Dec 25, 2018
  7. Chewy

Chewy

I do not think any of this matters. the market was going to do what it did no matter what anyone else did. the gov can not change the market. the market is bigger than anyone. it does what it does. it is just the democrats attacking the republicans every day all day long they are not nice people.

there was no way to hold up the market yesterday. ZIP. NONE. it was on its way to 2325 area tomorrow like a magnet as some traders call it.

#27     Dec 25, 2018
  8. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Media stunt. Grab attention, imply the serious nature of this selloff, a jab at Powell, a headline for Main Street supportive of Trumps anti fed stance. This story was probably "leaked" to most special, favored scribes at prestigious financial bastions like ZeroHedge. It could be fake news.
    The Maestro should speak next.

#28     Dec 25, 2018
  9. Let me take a guess why Mnuchin released the statement about the plunge protection team. It is Christmas and he is trying to show that he is working on Christmas to his boss. It's a trick that all of us, normal working folks, do to impress the boss. This is particularly timely since the government has shut down. Nobody is working but I am working. Any boss would have been impressed! No need to read too much into it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    #29     Dec 25, 2018
    apdxyk likes this.
  10. %
    That depends ;
    eyesight is 20/20.LOL But 200 can also be useful:cool::cool:

#30     Dec 27, 2018