Treasury Secretary:GOP will bear responsibility for default

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 20, 2011.

1. what the republicans are doing is like you writing a post dated check for groceries that you know will not clear and then going to the bank and refusing to put more money in your checking account until the bank agrees to lower the rate on your home loan.

#11     May 20, 2011
  2. jem

jem

what democrats are doing is destroying our children's future by spending money will will never have...
    and spending it to such an extent our children will be debt slaves in absence of a revolution.

#12     May 20, 2011
  3. "All told, Obama-era choices account for about $1.7 trillion in new debt, according to a separate Washington Post analysis of CBO data over the past decade. Bush-era policies, meanwhile, account for more than $7 trillion and are a major contributor to the trillion-dollar annual budget deficits that are dominating the political debate"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...o-massive-debt/2011/04/28/AFFU7rNF_story.html

#13     May 20, 2011
  4. "Debt slaves" is exactly the right description. I have have two kids (ages 10 & 13), and we're seriously considering leaving the country.

There's plenty of blame to go around. The democrats refuse to cut social programs and the republicans refuse to cut defense. In the end, they'll probably come up with a plan that promises to cut spending at some time far into the future and then try and convince the public that they're acting responsibly. In fact, it's all smoke and mirrors. Always has been. And probably always will be.

I don't want my kids to get handed the bill. So either we'll see some meaningful spending cuts in both defense and social programs, or people with children would be smart to move to another country. Unless, of course, you don't mind turning your kids into debt slaves.

#14     May 20, 2011
  5. That math sounds about right since they are both profligate spenders and Obama's been in office 2 years while Bush was in office for eight years.

#15     May 20, 2011

6. Luke.....its all your fault.
    you and your friends. :mad: .

#16     May 21, 2011