treasure TLT

Discussion in 'Options' started by trader198, Aug 8, 2012.

1. i swear.. playing with fire they are... they are going to put us into this doldrum that rolls out ten years

#21     Aug 13, 2012
  2. This is my favorite part

I would think that should be obvious, but obviously it's not because Bernanke is puzzled over it. This is what happens when academics become addicted to economic models that do not work in periods of debt deflation (assuming they ever worked at all).

#23     Aug 14, 2012
  3. it is a relief. yesterday I bought lot 0.06 123put. some 125 put at 0.3.

I still hold them, tommorrow and thursday' news will send it lower, I will sell those puts when it hits 119~121 range.

Ben is actually hinting he hates economic indicators, he prefers"happiness indicator", that is a hint: he knows something, but ...

hot seat, oh, Ben

#24     Aug 14, 2012
  4. Hey dude we throw sod to! So derogatory people are these days haha... I hope the guy knows what he is doing....... I'm still long interest rates... I sold 15 puts on the tbt... the sold calls... now I only have a ratio back spread on in leaps

#25     Aug 14, 2012
  5. Your either long, short or confused

#26     Aug 14, 2012
  6. nalyzing the ETF Market iShares Long-term Bond Fund (TLT) lost 21 cents to $125.49 and a 3X4 put spread trades on the fund Monday. The investor sold 15,000 August 127 puts on the ETF at $1.13 per contract and bought 20,000 September 125 puts for $1.90. Looking at the history of the Aug 127 puts, Monday's action might close a position opened on August 2 when 18,500 TLT Aug 127 puts were bought for 60 cents per contract. Shares are down 3.2 percent since that time, as longer-term Treasury bonds have been falling (yields rising) during the past few weeks. Monday's spread trader appears to be banking the profit on the Aug 127 puts, which are now in-the-money, and opening a new larger bearish position in September out-of-the-money puts. Taken together, the activity appears to express the view that Treasury bond prices are likely to remain weak in the month ahead. August options expire at the end of this week. September expiration is in 39 days.

#27     Aug 14, 2012
  7. still hold 123/125 put, did not sell any and actually added some 122 0.1 puts.

Ben is on hot seat from his "happiness indicator preference" hint.

sorry, Ben, you can not aginst the mother nature.

#28     Aug 14, 2012
  8. sorry, elliotwave is a hoax.

you must understand: just human mind's inability to forsee things will heppen ahead, can you predict when earthquake will happen? it is fruitless. market will never run in any way you think. you are trying to say: please, market, run in the eliiott wave way.

we traders all know that is non-sense.

just like a turkey, you feed him everyday, he feels good, after days in and days out, this turkey starts to belive "ya, human being is really nice and friendly", and even this beilef gets stronger, when he takes it for granted, then thankgiving day come, you are toasted!

in trading, there is no thorey, different event A and B have no logic relationships. you can not derive A from B, vice versa, or use wrong information/knowledge. any theorey uses assumptions to derive conculsion. most assumptions are wrong.

most people are crazy about system development or generalization, I would say it is fruitless. spend some time, observe from the outside, use your mind, think what will happen, how to take advantgae of it, that is the most important.

get to laugh, elliotwave is joke. any attempt to thoerize the market will fail miserabley.

TLT is now at 123, even lower. I know Ben is on hot seat. after 8;30am, 9:15am, I suspect this turkey will be on my table, ready to serve!

#30     Aug 15, 2012