Trayvon Martins parents are millionaires now

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 12, 2013.

1. I disagree GWB, the insurance companies responsibility was to protect the insured as per the policy the second responsibility is protect the shareholders. Making an example or setting public race policy isn't on their list of things they have to do or want to do.
    EDIT: I don't know if the insurance was liable or not, haven't read the policy or looked up similar cases that were settled in court. Without knowing those two things this is just casual conversation, on my part at least.

#21     Jul 14, 2013
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Can you point to another example (without huge media attention) where an insurance company settled a wrongful death suit before the associated criminal trial was settled? The results of the criminal trial normally greatly impact the settlement amount. Civil suits regularly do get filed (but not settled) before the criminal trial due to the statue of limitation rules.

The only cases I see insurance companies settling wrongful death suits before the associated criminal trial is when significant media attention is involved.

#22     Jul 14, 2013
  3. No but I don't keep up with that. It doesn't really matter it was a business decision by a private company. I don't think Travelers cares if State Farm or who ever would of waited until after the criminal trial to make a settlement or not.

#23     Jul 14, 2013
  4. Mercor

Mercor

A million dollars is cheap in a commercial policy.
    Had Zimmerman been guilty it would have increased the liabilities of his employer and a court case could bring them 20 to 30 million.

The parents will be paraded around town by the elite Black leaders for the next month, but then they will fade away just like the Newtown families.

These victim families are just commodities to the Politicians and self appointed leaders.

#24     Jul 14, 2013