Trayvon Martin Star Witness Caught in her own LIE!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Save us this tired, bullshit meme.

Affirmative action and racial quota's guarantee that even a mediocre minority candidate will be accepted to the best schools and have his/her choice of job opportunities.

All they have to do is outperform their peer group (which in case you and that other asshole from up north can't figure out)...the ones committing all the crime in the USA.

#61     Jun 29, 2013
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's interesting. I grew up in New Orleans rather poor. I wanted to make a go of life, and I did it. Did you ever consider your leftist apologist attitude actually keeps the poor down? Rather than be a typical lefty making apologies, why not have a "roll up your sleeves, and go do it" attitude.

#62     Jun 29, 2013
  3. Guys, Richter is a marxist. His answer to everything is to regurgitate some marxist class theory he probably learned in a seminar taught by South America.

Apparently he has very little real life experience.

#63     Jun 29, 2013
  4. Can a human being really be this dense?

You picked two cities with large black populations who kill, mainly, each other at astonishing rates, even for the US. If you think it is only about guns, I wish you would stroll around these cities one night and see how it works out for you.

BTW, Chicago has one of the most draconian gun laws in the country.

Compare two Canadian cities with similar black population percentages and we can have a reasonable discussion. Oh wait, there aren't any, are there?

#64     Jun 29, 2013
  5. Nine_Ender,

Let's try not to be confrontational, although I do think some of your earlier comments came across as moral preening.

I'll tell you how I feel. I would really like to live in a place where there was no fear of crime or rioting, etc. But I have to face reality. Reality means your home can be broken into while you're there and you can call 911 and be told to wait for over a minute while they get to your call, then be told police will be there in a "few" minutes. This recently happened to a woman in an upscale neighbotrhood of Washington, DC, not far from where I live.

Now that was in Washingotn, DC, probably the most heavily policed city in the uS. What if it is some rural area where police are few and far between? What do you do then?

I believe a man has a moral obligation to do everything he can to protect his family. I know attitudes differ between the uS and the UK on this, but in most states we also believe you are entitled to use deadly force to defend against a home invasion, without establishng that it imposes a reasonable threat to your safety. In my mind, this puts the onus where it should be, on the criminal.

Most of us have no desire to be modern cowboys, brandishing firearms at the drop of a hat.

#65     Jun 29, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I could care less why it is. I just know that it is.

#66     Jun 29, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#67     Jun 29, 2013
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#68     Jun 29, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifestyle stats

Happiness level > Very happy
    Canada 32% USA 39%

#69     Jun 29, 2013
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Look, in all seriousness, I would feel far less safe knowing that Zimmerman guy is patrolling the streets with a live gun in his pocket then the young man without a gun. Most Canadians have a different take on what we think is normal. Tell me something, what training and legitimacy does this guy have to patrol the streets ? What is it about him that leads many Americans to believe its ok to trust his judgement in a matter of life or death ?
    Do you honestly want every person on the street having the capability within moments of killing you just because you looked at them funny ?

A lot of bad shit happens when people get guns, look at that South African athlete who claims he was defending his home from an intruder, but instead blew away his girlfriend in the bathroom. Either that guy was a cold blooded murderer who got mad at his girlfriend and killed her in a fit of rage, or he's a stupid ass who was reckless beyond belief and shot to kill ask questions later.
    In either case, he should never have had a gun to begin with.
    Nothing good came out of it. The details about which occurred are almost irrelevant to the monstrosity of the event, except perhaps the length of jail term based on intent.

In conclusion, tell me something. Where you live, if you heard Zimmerman was recruited to patrol your neighborhood, packing heat, would you agree its a good thing ? That's assuming he's acquitted as many on here claim will happen.

#70     Jun 30, 2013