Trayvon Martin Star Witness Caught in her own LIE!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

None of that is in disagreement with what I was saying - which was only that conservatives showed up in disappointing numbers at the election. The idea that Romney was "catering" to them is preposterous.

I am curious, though, in regards to your post. You do not mention anywhere Romney being Mormon. Do you not think that had any effect?

#261     Jul 10, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

"It's hard to believe that this thread has been diverted into wild claims that conservative positions cost Romney the election."

My argument is not that conservative positions cost him the election, it's that extreme positions cost him the election. To say that the country moving left makes the tea party only seem extreme is irrelevant, because we're a democracy. "The worst form of government there is, except for all the others.)

#262     Jul 10, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It was bigarrow's comments that conservative positions cost him the election, and that's what I was answering. I was arguing quite the opposite.

But I've still yet to hear from you what values were "extreme" in Romney's platform.

#263     Jul 10, 2013
  4. No, we aren't a democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic. Even if we were a democracy, we have a Constitution, and it is the Supreme law here even if the majority doesn't think so. It can however, be amended to address those issues where the majority of States and Congressional Representatives do in fact agree that the Constitution must be altered. Until then, the govt taking actions that it isn't permitted to, are illegal. Your opinion might be that my position is radical, but it just isn't, based on the law of the land.

#264     Jul 10, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

You win on theory.

In practice...
    66 million > 61 million.
    332 > 206.

#265     Jul 10, 2013
  6. Assuming you are referring to the Presidential election, that is part of the structure of our Republic. It doesn't make us a democracy, as we aren't crowning a king who can do whatever he wants, his authority is limited by the Constitution.

#266     Jul 10, 2013
  7. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I agree with you. Ultimately it was about turnout. If Romney had turned out typical republican voters, he would have won.

This brings up one issue I skipped, the failure of Romney's hightech get out the vote plan. This was an embarrassing failure for a management consultant, as they apparently had all kinds of tech issues. Almost makes you wonder if somone was trying to mess it up, doesn't it? If we have an IRS that worked to suppress conservative campaigning, it's certainly plausible that the NSA or CIA may have lent some talent to screwing up the computers.

The issue of Romney's religion is interesting, but I haven't seen any data on it. I know some Evangelicals who were VERY disturbed by it. It's certainly possible it contributed to his poor turnout, as these voters were not about to vote for Obama.

#267     Jul 10, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

"It doesn't make us a democracy, as we aren't crowning a king who can do whatever he wants..."
    I didn't realize that was a necessary or even typical feature of a democracy.

#268     Jul 10, 2013
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

This is the post of the week! Why you aren't in politics perplexes me.

#269     Jul 10, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm Christian, and was disturbed by Romney's religion. HOWEVER, I voted for him as he was the lesser of the evils. Hell, he's not even close to the evil Onazi poses upon MY Country...

And again, you're wasting your talent. Run for office. America needs all the help she can get.

#270     Jul 10, 2013