Trayvon Martin Incident: Facts vs. Distortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Mar 30, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't know what additional information the special prosecutor might have that has not been available in the public realm but if the only evidence is what has been released to the public it seems clear that there will no charges against Zimmerman.

If you take it upon yourself to assault strangers there is a chance that you might encounter someone with a concealed carry permit who is armed and able to remove you from the gene pool.

What happened is very Darwinian. The human gene pool is now infinitesimally less likely to produce people who will assault and attempt to murder a person unknown to them. Nobody likes to see a teenage kid killed but George Zimmerman imperceptibly improved the human race in the evolutionary sense.

I still say he should have left town and gone into hiding because he is going to be a target for all of the people in this country who lack reason, logic and self-control. The media helped enable his ability to disappear by running a very misleading photograph of him, at least in large-scale circulation. He could make a life for himself somewhere and forget what has occurred.

#41     Apr 6, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Wow, thats right, there were riots in Omaha.

We had the Watts riots and then the Rodney King riots. A sort of funny story was that I was living in Washington D.C. when the Rodney King riots started but had a trip back to LA planned. My mom thought she was being nice by sending a huge black limousine to collect me at LAX and so I ended up transiting through some of the rioting in the city in a pretty unsuitable vehicle. The driver and I both thought were were going to get killed lol. I still joke with my mom about it by asking her if she took out insurance on me before sending that car eheh.

#42     Apr 6, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Excellent work, trendlover.

#43     Apr 7, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

FACT: Not all witnesses agree:

Audio experts Tom Owen and Ed Primeau, who analyzed the 911 recordings for the Orlando Sentinel, said they don't believe it is Zimmerman who is heard yelling in the background of one 911 call. They compared those screams with Zimmerman's voice, as recorded in a 911 call he made minutes earlier. In that call, in response to the 911 operator's question, Zimmerman described a "suspicious" black male, who ended up being Martin.

In describing her questioning by investigators, the witness remembered expressing that she should have done something more, in retrospect, after hearing the cries for help.

"The lead investigator said to me kindly, 'Well, if it makes you feel any better, the person that was yelling for help is alive,'" she recalled.

Who was on top of whom during the scuffle?

Zimmerman says he killed Martin in self-defense after the teen punched him and slammed his head on the sidewalk, according to an Orlando Sentinel report that was later confirmed by Sanford police. One of the responding officers saw a wound on the back of Zimmerman's head and a bloody nose, and noted that his back was wet, indicating he had been lying in the grass, according to the police report.

Martin's family and supporters say Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, racially profiled the teen, who was black, and ignored a police dispatcher's directive not to follow him. Zimmerman's attorneys interpret the call differently, and say the operator did not order Zimmerman not to follow.

"I know it was very dark, but I really would have to say that I thought it was the larger person on top," the witness said, referring to the heavier build of Zimmerman.

Craig Sonner, another Zimmerman attorney, questioned how the witness could determine the identities of those on the ground at that time of night and from her vantage point.

"I think it was dark, and I don't think she's sure what she saw," Sonner said.

The police investigation:

The Sanford police department has come under intense scrutiny for its actions following the shooting, and protesters have called for the firing of police Chief Bill Lee, who stepped aside temporarily last month amid criticism.

The witness declined to characterize her questioning by investigators as "in depth," instead saying "I just kind of told what I saw and heard."

She noted that when she offered to show the investigators where she saw the scuffle occur, she was told, "Nah, we don't need to see it."

She added that two phone calls to the lead detective have gone unanswered.

Her attorney, Derek Brett, said a follow-up visit on behalf of the state attorney's investigation on Wednesday yielded only 15 minutes of questioning.

"It was very general," Brett said, adding that had he been in the investigators' position, he would have had her recount her story again.

The state attorney's office declined to comment Friday, citing the ongoing investigation.

Sanford police did not respond to requests for comment Friday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/07/us/florida-teen-shooting/

Interestingly, the witness said in the televised CNN interview that, after she heard the shot, the person who was on top of the other one then got up and walked in her general direction.

#44     Apr 7, 2012
  5. Another rightie has come COMPLETELY unhinged, first CoolTraderDude, now this.:D Mods please allow these posts to stand so passersby can see what they are dealing with.:D

#45     Apr 7, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

377HOMER probably doesn't like the word "racist" for the same reason that Mickey Rooney probably didn't like the word "short."

#46     Apr 7, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

The LA riots were a lot worse than anything in Omaha. They must have been in shock that a limo was driving through Watts. Either that or they thought you were a pimp.

In Omaha it was mostly marching and attacking the cops. They had an MLK march in the black part of town one weekend and a bunch of us went to go watch. But they didn't have a permit and the street wasn't closed off. We inadvertently wound up riding our bikes head on straight through the middle of the parade. You should have seen the shock on people's faces and the police who were following them. The cops stopped us a few blocks later but only gave one guy a ticket for no baffles. One kind of odd guy that went with us would always wear a chromed WWII German helmet. The next day we were on the front page of the paper billed as an "Out Of Town Motorcycle Gang Harasses MLK Paraders". We got a good laugh out of that one.

#47     Apr 7, 2012
  8. He never misses the opportunity to throw in little tit-bits like how he buys properties and flips them within a few months for a profit of a cool quarter of a million, and that his house has its own private bunker and a car elevator like Romney's.
    and how high his IQ is .

#48     Apr 7, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why wouldn't they?

#49     Apr 7, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol it wasn't through Watts...I have a shortcut to downtown from LAX that many use called the LaBrea-Stocker-Crenshaw route and you end up on Crenshaw near the Santa Monica Freeway where Reginald Denny was beaten.

#50     Apr 7, 2012