Traveling with IB TWS...question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Stosh, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Stosh

Stosh

I have been using IB TWS browser based on my home PC for about 6 mo. I have the boxes checked (under file) for "auto save settings and also"use/store settings on server". I took a trip to Austin last week and logged in on my friend's home PC there, and the TWS platform was as if I had just opened a new account: no tabs (pages) other than portfolio page. Everything worked but I would have had to configure everything again and enter all new symbols, new pages, etc. I returned home last night, logged on to my home PC, and everything was fine just as it was when I left it. I'm not very skilled computer-wise, but would appreciate someone briefly explaining what I'm missing. Thanks, Stosh

2. moarla

moarla

had the same problem. now i copy the file "jts.ini" on my usb stick (1kb only) and copy that file in the new JTS folder, then all works as home...

3. Stosh

Stosh

After talking to a neighbor who uses both his laptop and his PC with TWS with no problem, I think my problem on the computer in Austin may have been my failure to check the little box within the LOGIN dialog box that says "use settings stored on server". Not sure, maybe someone can comment on this. Stosh

4. Stosh

Stosh

Thanks for the reply. Do you suppose that maybe you didn't check that little box at login that I mentioned above on the away computer? Doesn't seem like you should have to use the flash drive to make it work. Stosh

5. If you check that little box you mentioned, it uses your saved settings. I do this between my notebook and home computer. No need to copy the ini file.

QUOTE]Quote from Stosh:

After talking to a neighbor who uses both his laptop and his PC with TWS with no problem, I think my problem on the computer in Austin may have been my failure to check the little box within the LOGIN dialog box that says "use settings stored on server". Not sure, maybe someone can comment on this. Stosh [/QUOTE]

6. moarla

moarla

oh tks, didnt see that box...