Travel Trading Setup... How to move monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by badmrfrosty, Sep 17, 2010.

1. September 15, 2008.

I was vacationing in Seaside Oregon.

The Dow dropped 500 points on that Monday.

For the whole week, I was trading on the bed at the hotel in the morning.

You can't take when the market doesn't give. When it gives, you better take. Go ahead and fly to Aspen to ski and Florida to play golf or whatever and forget about it. Or make sure you schedule your vacation around a black Monday. There are people who are suited to take a salary and be happy with their paid vacation.

I made in that 2 week vacation more than what I used to make working a salary job for 6 months.

#31     Sep 17, 2010
  2. yeah, no question it CAN happen like that--- but 98% of the time it doesnt. nice photo, by the way!

#32     Sep 17, 2010
  3. Some more comments about travelling/trading I posted in the past:

Read more others' comments here:

Forums ›› Main ›› Trading ›› Any tips for trading from hotels while traveling?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=195870

#33     Sep 17, 2010
  4. #34     Sep 17, 2010
  5. Vacation temporary trading setup.

2 laptops. 2 x 22" monitor. Wifi. 2 trackballs.

Pismo Beach, CA.

[​IMG]

#35     Sep 21, 2010
  6. I travel with 2 15.4" laptops. and one 20" monitor. It all fits to the carry on. Sometimes you might need a backup pc that's why i have 2 laptops loaded with identical software apps.

#36     Sep 22, 2010
  7. hombre, isn't that a nightmare when going through security?

the whole electronics-must-be-separated crap from the TSA is ridiculous.

#37     Sep 22, 2010
  8. 1. I drove this time. No problem.
    2. If I fly, the monitors and electronic assessories would be in the check-in luggage. Only the laptops will be in the carry-on. Just take the laptops out from the backpack and let them scan the laptop separately. Is that a nightmare? I didn't feel that way.

#38     Sep 22, 2010
  9. uh, are you hombre? the question was for him.

but, if you've done 2 laptops and a 20" on a check-on, i'd like to hear about it.

#39     Sep 22, 2010
  10. "Hombre" means just like "dude". If you were specifically addressing the OP, you could have, and should have, used his login handle. It's "badmrfrosty" if you are not willing to look it up.

#40     Sep 22, 2010