Trapped in a Hall of Mirrors?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by resinate, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Saxon,

Honestly I didn't know the original context when I found that quote and wouldn't have posted it if I had known it. Still.... knowingly spewing propaganda for other causes is not exactly honorable.

#31     Aug 11, 2006
  2. saxon

saxon

I am not defending Bush. I am simply appealing for unbiased, critical analysis. (Something hard to come by in this forum).

To set the record straight regarding my personal opinion of Bush...I think he has been a failure as a president. But I think that failure is attributable to incompetence and poor judgement. I'd don't think it proceeds from some dark, hidden agenda that is so cleverly conceived, no one can prosecute him for it. No one in the Bush administration is THAT clever. Certainly not Georgie himself; unless you believe he has supernatural powers, and is the antichrist or something.

:eek:

#32     Aug 11, 2006
  3. Sax,

What would it mean to you personally, if in fact Bush did have a dark agenda?

By dark, I don't mean demonic, but an agenda that is not in the best interest of the people as a whole, but rather in the best interest of special interest groups and corporate masters.

#33     Aug 11, 2006
  4. saxon

saxon

res,

you are clearly an honest man. but it reminds one to be careful of sources...especially those that are unabashedly biased.

#34     Aug 11, 2006
  5. Do you think Tony Snow is unbiased?

Is anyone in the inner circle and power structure of this administration unbiased?

#35     Aug 11, 2006
  6. saxon

saxon

ZZZ,

If that were proven beyond doubt to be the case, I would happily join you in a picket line outside the White House calling for impeachment.

#36     Aug 11, 2006
  7. So it is an all or nothing proposition?

Trust Bush blindly without dissent or doubt, until there is an open and shut case?

If you saw signs your wife was cheating on your, would you trust her blindly until you actually saw her humping another guy?

p.s. The Framers had great concern about Monarchy and abuse of power, and wanted to make sure leaders feet were held to the fires of transparency of government.

#37     Aug 11, 2006
  8. saxon

saxon

Or in your case, apparently:

DISTRUST Bush blindly (together with all republicans) without the slightest interest in objectivity, until there is an open and shut case to prove otherwise...(and probably even then, too).

#38     Aug 11, 2006
  9. Yes, I distrust politicians. There is very good reason to do so. The Framers distrusted politicans.

I trust our system of government, I trust the fabric of our Constitution, but I do not think it is wise to blindly trust the people who fashion themselves in positions of power and weave their own agendas into the mix.

Especially when the politicians fight against transparency of government, and seek to grab more an more power. This type of secrecy and avoiding transparency began even before 9/11.

#39     Aug 11, 2006
  10. Well said. ZZZZtroll's philosophy in a nutshell. Then sprinkle liberally (pun intended) with hypocrisy, obfuscation, and ad hominem, and you have his modus operandi encapsulated.

#40     Aug 11, 2006