Transition: loser to winner

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1contract, Oct 24, 2003.

1. There is only one way the market will go and only one way that people can earn market. That is going up! 100% up room to go. It's not too late. Enjoy and have fun.

:p

#51     Nov 6, 2003
  2. Easier said than done, but write yourself a system that works and automate it. This removes the whole emotion discipline thing, and gives you time to do other things.

Things will come over small, multiple insights. For me it was very much like the apple falling on the head thing, so much so that I keep a pencil and pad next to my bed, as I have awaken many nights and written code.

I blew out about 8 accounts over five years. Once profitable, you will have the components to stay that way.

You will also find that the more money you have to trade a system with, the easier it is write a system that will give you a living income, as the system need not be that efficient.

Regards
    Oddi

#52     Nov 7, 2003
  3. This is very good, listen to this.

My personal analogy is like baseball, and if you can bat over .300 in this game, you are going to do very well.

#53     Nov 7, 2003
  4. More good advice.

#54     Nov 7, 2003

5. Solution: Do not get married. Have girlfriends, partners, mistresses, no wives.

Worst business deal on the planet if you are a male.

#55     Nov 7, 2003
  6. Not luck: Bull market.

#56     Nov 7, 2003
  7. Mr Market has unlimited drawdown, avoid this.

#57     Nov 7, 2003
  8. Listen to this, good advice. Learn as much as you can. If you find something that is wrong 90% of the time, that is a good thing.

#58     Nov 7, 2003
  9. Damn straight :cool:

Marriage is the biggest financial risk to a man.

All risk and no reward as I see it.

I get everything a married man gets without the risk.
    So whats the point?

If your really successful at trading, and have the $$$, then
    you REALLY dont need a wife. Just get the ferrari
    and let the babes fight over ya :D

peace

axeman

#59     Nov 7, 2003
  10. jwlabno

jwlabno

If this was true no one would have any problems with fear or greed in the market.

#60     Nov 7, 2003