Transgendered Student

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. The idea that homosexuality is a 'disease' that can be 'cured' belongs to a mindset stuck in Pre-Industrial times. It is laughable

------------------

You are assuming every homosexual wishes to remain a homosexual. What can you offer to a homosexual that desires to become hetersexual?

#51     Feb 12, 2008
  2. DerekD

DerekD

College classes aside... as they are breeding grounds for the attempt to shape social thought - consider the random walk theory.

I'd rather stick to peer reviewed work which hasn't conclusively shown that homosexuality is genetic. Only that it MAY be a predisposition.

The problem of homosexuality being derived genetically is that it will have to be factored into human evolution. Though, the argument that homosexuality is against nature should be soundly trashed, the debate over whether or not it's a genetic variation or mutation will persist. In other words, what's its evolutionary purpose in the human species? Could it benefit us. Say, if homosexual genetic "drift" were to increase exponentially, would that hurt or harm humanity as a whole?

And what if it's found to be a mutation? What if someone didn't want to be homosexual? Could there be a way to "cure" them through gene therapy? Imagine the can of worms that would open. Or, when we get to the point when parents could select/manipulate the genetics of their fetus, might some want to select out certain genetic traits like homosexuality?

That's why I brought the topic up. I'd rather see the issue of homosexuality addressed socially rather than scientifically. The idea being that whatever the reason behind people's sexual orientation, they commit no crime against society and should be afforded the same rights as any in a society.

But using a 2nd grader as a platform for gay rights, being that homosexuality is an issue of sexual preference, makes little if any sense. Why not wait until the child is actually sexually aware and has further developed congnitive skills to deal with and understand it?

#52     Feb 12, 2008
  3. they commit no crime against society and should be afforded the same rights as any in a society.

-------------------------------

Based on the above, one would have to define society. Why do I have to change my society? Because, a homosexual wishes to join my society?

(speaking figurativly)

#53     Feb 12, 2008
  4. DerekD

DerekD

Good question. If your society defines itself in secular terms, then all issues must be addressed in secular fashion. In the US, society is defined by secular terms, given the seperation of church and state. What secular reason is there to deny homosexuals the same rights as heterosexuals?

Where as in a Sharia state, society is defined by religious terms, so one should expect that homosexuals would be considered on par with heterosexuals.

#54     Feb 12, 2008

5. here's another good video. it shows the birth of America's propaganda machine and how they implemented social engineering. they don't really care about homosexual's rights and well being... their intent is to destroy the family's structure.

Part 1 of 4
    <embed style="width:500px; height:407px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=8953172273825999151&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

for parts 2 thru 4: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=century+of+the+self&hl=en&sitesearch=

#55     Feb 12, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

What is the point of this conversation? What does it matter to me if you are romantically attracted to men or I to women, or vice versa? Isn't it rather silly to be discussing this as though it actually mattered?

#56     Feb 12, 2008
  7. It doesn't matter to me but homosexuals want marriage and assorted benes. As another poster wrote our society is based on the thoughts of the founders fathers, gay marriage was not included, now some are asking to change our society. Why should we?

What is the US? One large dysfunctional family? Do we need to rewrite the rules of the society with every new defect?

#57     Feb 13, 2008
  8. DerekD

DerekD

By that logic, women should never have been given the right to vote nor slavery abolished. Among other things...

And note that neither the consitutution nor bill of rights prevents gay marriage. That's why Bush back in '04 wanted to amend the constitution and/or bill of rights to define marriage as between a man and a woman only.

#58     Feb 13, 2008
  9. Thanks Derek

for the reminder, I wasn't thinking.:confused:

#59     Feb 13, 2008