Transgendered Student

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. I've been called a Jap by some blacks (I'm part Asian) and have retorted by calling them niggers. This was when I was in my teens. I'd like to think that I would handle that situation better now that I'm older.

One of my best friends is a black guy. He told me once that he considers uneducated, vulgar, wanna-be gangsta blacks to be niggers. Same as we call such whites "white trash" or "trailer trash." Still, he didn't feel comfortable with non-black people saying "nigger" because he did not know if they were using it in the same context he was or if it was coming from a racist perspective.

There is a debate within the black community about using the term, with older types like Oprah and the Cos on one side and younger, street-cred oriented blacks like Ludacris on the other.

Personally, when I see two blacks calling each other "nigger" I automatically assume that they're the uneducated, vulgar, and wanna-be gangsta type. I've never seen two black guys in suits refer to each other like that, although I wouldn't be surprised for that to be the case between two black atheletes.

#41     Feb 10, 2008
  2. when i speak of social engineering i do not do so lightly. this political correctness has been shoved down our throats in order to destroy our country and her principles. these individuals that you all consider victims can be some of the most intolerant and aggressive "persons" one can encounter. it is by design... it is what shapes the liberals' whole being and they are fools. just look at the cast of characters on this thread that announce their tolerant superiority yet they are fascist when it comes to being open minded about the truth behind 9/11. they are none the wiser... we call them "useful idiots."

The History of Political Correctness
    <embed style="width:500px; height:407px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=8630135369495797236&hl=en-GB" flashvars=""> </embed>

#42     Feb 11, 2008

3. Great video Rat.... thanks for sharing.

#43     Feb 11, 2008
  4. Interesting video Rat. I like the "critical theory" which is the theory to "critize". Ehh, been going on forever as history proves, people with no power , obtaining and deriving power from stopping people from doing something. Since the author cites sexual repression (I will too then), these people all suffer from the small weenie syndrome vs the big swinging dicks.

It is pervasive, from the jay walker that makes you move out of the way or stop while he crosses against the red light, to the elite in Scotland trying to stop the Donald and his golf course. This is the only power they have in life. They are unable to achieve power or even respect through conventional means

The current climate of political correctness is trying to maintain a base on civility in society, much like the activism of the nanny movement. I seriously don't believe Joe sixpack buys any of this nonsense, political correctness is always for the "other" people.

#44     Feb 11, 2008
  5. Imo, the best people to make a politcial statement? The black people. They are the big swinging dicks, the rappers, the athletes. I love them. Dog fighting, cock fighting. Who heard of that before Vicks? OJ made a political statement.

You aren't going to see PETA or the ASPCA in the hood crying for humane treatment of pit bulls. Those animal lovers ain't going to be throwing no paint on a fur owned by a black man or woman. You know why? PETA is small weenie.

Prolly if there was a crowd of homosexual black men all lined up at city hall waiting to get married, shiiittttt, that law would of been passed the same afternoon.

#45     Feb 11, 2008
  6. Actually, I didn't say that. I think "things can happen" at a very early age. I've known a number of gay people who say "for as long as they could remember" they felt gay. I'm not disputing that a significant percentage of the gay community has felt gay "for as long as they could remember". So I'm still not sure what you're getting at...

#46     Feb 11, 2008
  7. DerekD

DerekD

Is being homosexual genetic?

Using anecdotal evidence such as "they knew they were gay since they were 6" doesn't amount to proof.

Any study out there that definitively proves that homosexuality is genetic?

I've read about the ones that point to partial genetic contribution or predisposition. But not enough to break it out to one side of the nature/nuture debate.

But, even if it's proven conclusively that it's genetic, does anyone really think that that would stop discrimination against homosexuals? I think it might make it worse. For one, it could probably be seen as a genetic anomaly or defect. Secondly, it could be deemed a disease that could be "cured." And you know how loosely the term disease is used these days so drug companies can sell you their wares and health professionals can expand their business.

In any event, my opinion is that since the subject revolves around sex and sexual oreintation, a 2nd grader shouldn't be allowed to explore their sexuality nor should other children be forced into exploring his/hers or their own. Such a thing should be explored at or around the time of puberty when most children become more sexually aware.

#47     Feb 12, 2008
  8. This may be an instance where adults in the home are "assisting" or "encouraging" the second grader to "explore" their sexuality.

#48     Feb 12, 2008
  9. Try auditing a University level Human Genetics class. It won't take you long to see how the expression of secondary sexual characteristics is a continuum, not an either/or thing.

Sexual orientation is a continuum. It is genetically determined in many cases. There exist women who identify as lesbian but who are probably not genetically predisposed to homosexuality; they express that way for political/social/psychological reasons. This is extremely rare in the case of men.

Anyone who thinks a flaming gay guy is acting it out is kidding themselves. The idea that homosexuality is a 'disease' that can be 'cured' belongs to a mindset stuck in Pre-Industrial times. It is laughable.

#49     Feb 12, 2008
  10. Turok

Turok

Me:
    >If you believe that a second grader is always straight by birth,

Shoe:
    >Actually, I didn't say that.

Dude, you chose "A" ...

>A:
    >Do you believe that gay/straight is totally by >choice/environment ... in other words, we're
    >all straight until/unless turned into gay?

Choosing "A" means that you believe a *second grader is always straight by birth*, and only later through choice/environment is turned into gay.

Shoe:
    >So I'm still not sure what you're getting at...

If you want to rethink your choice or describe a position that isn't reflected in one of my options, then I'll happily respond. As of now I don't know to get at 'cause is seems your tap dancing.

JB

#50     Feb 12, 2008