Transferred USDT to Coinbase and it's now lost!

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by pavelonthefire, Jun 21, 2022.

1. deaddog

deaddog

You are attacking the poster not the agrument.

#51     Jun 22, 2022
    timdug likes this.
  2. M.W.

M.W.

So, why would your opinion matter an inch more in this discussion? You are not even an engineer.

#52     Jun 22, 2022
  3. Freegoldrush made a definite statement regarding what engineers who understand this crap believe. I just proved him wrong.
    Argument from authority goes down in flames. He's the one who dragged engineers into this.

Now you're all upset and emotional and resorting to ad hominem attacks. Poor you.

Am I better at predicting the future than a bunch of people falling for get rich quick schemes? I think so.
    But I know for a fact that I'm a engineer who understands this stuff and I don't believe what it is being claimed that I believe.

The constant string of false equivalence in crypto threads is also ridiculous and obnoxious. Yes the personal computer was a big success, and many people got rich. But that doesn't mean you go out and buy Commodore or Amiga and hold it forever. And it definately doesn't mean you go out and buy a warehouse of their products and hold it forever because you think it's going to shoot the moon. Especially if they can produce nearly infinite quantity and variations of those products at low to no cost.

#53     Jun 22, 2022
    M.W. likes this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

oldie but goodie
    engineer_syllogism_2x.png

#54     Jun 22, 2022
    johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

So from your pov, there is no use for trustless digital bearer assets nor a network that secures against double-spending of the same?

#55     Jun 22, 2022
    NoahA, johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  6. virtusa

virtusa

You don't need crypto's for smart contracts, works with fiat money too. At least in Europe where I live.

#56     Jun 22, 2022
  7. virtusa

virtusa

My bank account with fiat money does secure me against double spending already for over 25 years. Don't need crypto's for that. And if I make a mistake and send money to a wrong account, I get my money back.

#57     Jun 22, 2022
  8. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Well, that's where the stupid comment came from, so yeah, it was well deserved.

What opinion? There is not one opinion I have even stated. You're just mad your boyfriend made a dumb comment and got called out for it. I'm not even an engineer? LOL I gotta go man.

What does that have to do with anything we just talked about? We're talking about you, not him.

Nope, just pointing out facts. It would take a lot more than your self righteous ego to ruin my day.

Yeah, you think because you don't know...

Again, you being an engineer doesn't mean you are smarter or better than anyone else except in the field of engineering compared to a normal person with no experience. Congradulations, you're better than everyone at 1 thing. Excuse me while I call CNN.

The same could be said about every other asset. And there is not an infinite supply, there is only 21M Bitcoin and the numbers are shrinking everyday from people losing their wallets and not being able to sell or buy those lost Bitcoins.

I thought numbers were your specialty mr engineer lol

#58     Jun 22, 2022
    johnarb likes this.
  9. deaddog

deaddog

You don't gain any credibility by attacking the poster.
    Address the comment. Tell us why you disagree with it.
    Name calling begets name calling and adds nothing to the debate.

#59     Jun 22, 2022
    M.W. and Sprout like this.
  10. Sprout

Sprout

Have you ever read the ToS of your bank?

You do realize your deposits are redeemed at their discretion and not upon your demand, yes?

#60     Jun 22, 2022
    NoahA and johnarb like this.