Transferred USDT to Coinbase and it's now lost!

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by pavelonthefire, Jun 21, 2022.

1. M.W.

M.W.

And if they claim today they added the network and tomorrow they remove the network then my millions would be lost that I intermittently transferred even I sent a test transfer beforehand? Laughable at best. What a sob story.

#21     Jun 21, 2022
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

coins disappeared
    CEO went to India to die
    wallet content disappeared
    coin lost through transfer

very risky because of very poor security.

#22     Jun 21, 2022
  3. Overnight

Overnight

John, something is starting to not add up about Crypto.

At first it was all peaches and cream, Cyrpto was anonymous and safe, better than fiat banks and all that. The crypto started losing anonymity in some way. Governments could see your transactions.

Now, even a cold wallet is not a safe place to store your money? If cold wallets are bad, then what is left? How can the blockchain prevent losses like this from accelerating? What is an invalid network? It seems that the problems inherent in the blockchain tech are becoming more evident over time.

I thought this was all figured out in the original whitepaper?

#23     Jun 21, 2022
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  4. John Gotti wudda loved crapto

#24     Jun 21, 2022
    Nobert and GoldDigger like this.
  5. johnarb

johnarb

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/ (hover on the Explorers drop down and select a blockchain explorer)

You're mixing metaphors, this is not about cold/hard wallet concept

An analogy to the OP would be sending money on the wrong network like SEPA vs SWIFT vs ACH vs Venmo vs Zelle

USDT exists on different networks but to play it safe, use the Ethereum network, ERC-20

For US crypto exchanges like Coinbase, Kraken, PayPal and Gemini, they would support the Ethereum network

International exchanges like FTX.com, Binance.com Kucoin and others, they support a range of networks that are EVM-compatible

If you withdraw to your local wallet, i.e. Bitcoin, Metamask (ERC-xxx), etc, you can support all the networks, which is why I only deal with crypto assets I can install a local wallet on to withdraw to

#25     Jun 22, 2022
    Sprout likes this.
  6. nah, its all too complicated. baffle them with bullshit is the crypto business model.
    im not fooled for a minute

#26     Jun 22, 2022
  7. wmwmw

wmwmw

Arbiscan is an incorrect network to send USDT to coinbase.
    So the one who decided to use this network to do this transaction should take responsibility.
    Did OP instruct cukoin to use arbiscan to tranfer USDT? Or did he do it by himself? If so,it was OP' fault.
    But it seems to me OP does not know this kind of staff and did not do it.
    It is very likely cukoin made the decision to use arbiscan. If this was the case, cukoin should take the loss because kucoin used a wrong network.
    If I send USDT to coinbase from my broker, I don't do it. My broker do it.
    If I send USDT to my broker from coinbase, I don't choose which network to use. Coinbase has a default network set up for me.In either case, Iam not the one to decide which network to use.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    #27     Jun 22, 2022
  8. M.W.

M.W.

Bullshit and you know it. If you sent on a wrong fiat protocol the funds would be returned shortly. Irrelevant and even incorrect comparison.

#28     Jun 22, 2022
    engineering and athlonmank8 like this.
  9. Aisone

Aisone

Man that sucks. As if the chance of losing a large portion of your money buying an overhyped, overpriced pos isn't enough, now you find out you can lose everything just transferring it.

#29     Jun 22, 2022
  10. xandman

xandman

Sounds like robbery by design. Any click you make on an app should have appropriate validations to prevent loss of funds.

That’s the first thing they should have worked on.

#30     Jun 22, 2022