Transferred USDT to Coinbase and it's now lost!

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by pavelonthefire, Jun 21, 2022.

1. GoldDigger

GoldDigger

I am sorry this happened to you, but clearly you did
    not research how to transfer your Tether between the
    two accounts.

This is a major problem with crypto, and the systems
    warn you that if you send to a non-existent address,
    the funds will be permanently lost.

I guess they are out there on the blockchain.

Binance, Gemini, Coinbase and the others are not
    integrated, or you need to take a tutorial course
    and pay exorbitant fees to make a transfer.

There needs to be a streamlined way for various
    cryptos to be exchanged and transferred between
    wallets.

#11     Jun 21, 2022
    pavelonthefire likes this.
  2. albion

albion

Doesn't matter whether someone cares or not, or knows how it works or not. Either way that is still F'kd up. Any other interpretation is just drinking the ultimate kool aid. Every time I think that I have seen that crypto can't be more idiotic I am proven wrong. Can anyone imagine the average non-techie moving their savings around this way; what a disaster.

#12     Jun 21, 2022
  3. themickey

themickey

Dang, that's about 12 months of cafe coffee if only drinking one cup a day.

GettyImages-1187807387-1536x864.jpg

#13     Jun 21, 2022
    Trader Curt likes this.
  4. You could also say Android & iOS are still F'kd up too. What runs on one should run on the other without issue!

Damn digital phones... that gimmick will never catch on..

#14     Jun 21, 2022
  5. lol, I dont need to know how it works, I know that it doesn't !

as I said , just another nail in the coffin of this online game masquerading as finance.

that you fools would accept the mistyping of a single digit as an excuse to lose 1000's or millions , proves to me , once again, that Only Crypto Fans , are the biggest suckers the world has ever minted

#15     Jun 21, 2022
    M.W. likes this.
  6. You can't talk sense to kool aid drinkers. All you can do is bury whats left behind when they expire

#16     Jun 21, 2022
  7. ConBase "We don't have the infrastructure to pay you your money . We are young, dumb, and full of con" [​IMG]

#17     Jun 21, 2022
    pavelonthefire and M.W. like this.
  8. johnarb

johnarb

Sorry about your loss of $1,700

Public key/private key pair is the same for all networks. Coinbase has your USDT but they do not support the network that you used for USDT transfer and if Coinbase adds the network, they will credit your account

As others have said, it's always good to test with a small amount $10 or less, first

I do not know why it's common practice now to send crypto from 1 exchange to another, but many years ago, most exchanges had a warning not to withdraw to another exchange address or to any address that you do not control the private key to

I always install a wallet software for the cryptos that I buy and this gets me to study the crypto asset in more detail. If it's a crypto asset I cannot withdraw to a local wallet, I do not trade it

#18     Jun 21, 2022
    Sprout and Trader Curt like this.
  9. M.W.

M.W.

Absolutely agree. Shocking this is even possible and that funds cannot be easily transferred between above mentioned exchanges. Much worse and dangerous than I ever imagined. Another reason to stay far away from this absurd fad.

#19     Jun 21, 2022
    athlonmank8, Specterx and albion like this.
  10. M.W.

M.W.

Except they don't let you send funds to each other and then claim the funds are lost in some electronic network. Completely inappropriate comparison. I can wire money to any bank but if the recipient does not exist or the money cannot be forwarded to the recipient bank through an intermediary then the funds are RETURNED. I can appreciate that it does not work that way but between it not working and funds being completely lost there should be a thousand other safeguards. Apparently it's still the first hour of cryptos, many more years for this stuff to become remotely mature.

#20     Jun 21, 2022
    athlonmank8 and albion like this.