Transfer funds from TS???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraDaToR, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello,

I made an outgoing wire request from TS last week, and I received an e mail saying that they were unable to transfer the funds. I called them back and they explained me that it was impossible because I was trading( supposedly the cash balance was not enough... ) at the time.

The problem is that I had 2 times the amount in cash balance at the time, only holding a few positions overnight... It 's the first time i make a transfer from TS and I don't understand what the problem is. Does anyone has these kind of problems with TS ? I hope I don't have to close all my positions for the TS guy to proceed:mad: ...

2. Did you have any Short positions?

3. Daal

Daal

you recently closed some trades and they havent settled yet, this is my only guess

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes I had one short futures position.

There was 2 trades left but definitely had 2 times the wire amount in cash. That's why I don't understand.

I explained it to the phone girl but she said me to call whatever desk... I'm sure they will try to do it tomorrow and have the same problem.

5. TRADERCJ

TRADERCJ

I had the same problem. I had 1 short position and the transfer would not go through. I closed the short and it went through fine.

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Are you kidding? It's just incredible you have to close a position to transfer funds that are already available...

I'm really pissed about it. Close position = commissions + slippage. I have to stop one of my systems.