Transcendental Meditation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bearmountain, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Redneck

Redneck

I call it remaining centered

A Rose by any other name...... :)

Good Trading To You BM

RN

#51     Dec 16, 2010
  2. Yes, amen to remaining centered during the trading day.

I settled for falun dafa meditation and exercises. As others said it doesn't really matter which form of meditation/relaxation/brain machine one uses, the key is to do it every day, it has a cumulative effect.

In other news, reading a post by a ET member hippie, I looked up kunlun, ordered max christensen kunlun book.

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/exercises.html

All the best to you good friend RN.

#52     Dec 17, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

What is it called? "Assisted meditation"? Like "assisted suicide"

#53     Dec 17, 2010
  4. I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but this is an area I have some, small amount of expertise and experience in.

You don't need TM, a method, a manual or anything.

Just get comfortable, take note of your breath in, then your breath out, when some random thought comes into your consciousness, take note of that and say: "delete" (or similar).

That's it, period. The trick is to do this consistently everyday. Believe me, your ego will do everything possible to stop you.

#54     Dec 17, 2010
  5. Some good things are said by people here who have practiced meditation.

Anyone who hasn't practiced meditation to some degree (whether sitting in a pose, or being in the zone fully involved in some creative activity), is not yet truly living.

If you don't experience bliss on a daily basis, I suggest listening to the poster above.

Trading brought out a whole lot of things in me years ago when I valued myself by my pnl. It was a very painful experience at the time, but is now one i cherish as it forced me to go within.

At first when i started meditating I would not control my brain for more than 5-10 seconds before thoughts of doubt came in. Every day, the gap in between my thoughts grew as I practiced.

I can honestly say it has been part of the journey to make a profound difference in my life and in turn, the lives of others. It has lead me to being in a better mood and having a daily mission to do the same for people around me.

If what you are doing doesn't bring happiness and doesn't bring peace, you don't need it. These things become much more clear when you are still and quiet.

All the best to everyone here. With lots of love :) ,

kid

PS

I wanted to add something in case anyone is currently in a state of anxiety or in general lacks a sense of purpose. By no means will i truly address any issue on a chatboard, but some suggestions:

1) Whatever you are doing today, make an effort for at least 30 minutes to an hour to be fully involved in it. If you are a full time trader, think nothing but about trading for this time, do not think about paying the bills, picking your kids up from school, whatever it is. If trading is your dream and you are working some other job, enjoy your job as much as possible and for 30 minutes to an hour do nothing but intensely concentrate on doing your job well.

2) Do something today to make someone smile. What you get back will be far greater than the small effort you exert that will only take you a few seconds. Compliment someone or appreciate someone that doesnt normally feel appreciated. You will be surprised at the difference it will make.

#55     Dec 17, 2010
  6. Thank you for taking the time to write this out for all.

#56     Dec 18, 2010
  7. newtoet

newtoet

FYI, I have a discount link for this. If you are interested PM me.

#57     Dec 18, 2010
  8. baro-san

baro-san

#58     Dec 18, 2010
  9. You can find lots of meditation methods on Youtube of free. Choose one that suit u. No need to pay for TM or anything package to charge an outrages price.

#59     Dec 19, 2010
  10. There is another angle to meditation. This is chanting with music some verse repeatedly and in a group. Gradually the music goes into higher and higher tempo. I have likes some singing like this on GOD tv.
    There a man called Krishnadas and he conducts several concerts of chanting . You might find some info about this on google. He has published some books with CDs as well. Chanting you can go into trance very easily. This is a sort of devotional method.

Sitting meditation can become a bit boring and you might feel you are not progressing . But chanting is vey enjoyable and uplifting.

#60     Dec 19, 2010