Transcendental Meditation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bearmountain, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Speaking of Siddharta, Netflix has a DVD adaptation of the Herman Hesse classic + a few other versions. great stuff.

#41     Dec 6, 2010
  2. Bearmountain,

I sent you a PM outlining my technique. I have been very successful with this technique in my own trading. I am happy to share the technique via email with any one seiously interested in improving trading performance.

Please PM Me

Nigam

#42     Dec 6, 2010
  3. Would you care to elaborate on your technique to develop intuition?

One of the more interesting side effects of meditation, of quieting the inner chatter, is this rise in intuition, insight into things. I find that delibrate inquiry also goes a long way while meditating.

Nigam Arora's meditation tailored to trading is actually quite good.

#43     Dec 7, 2010
  4. Sorry, I should have clarified this, I received a few PMs.

Nigam Arora is a ET member, if you like please PM him directly to get his meditation technique directed at trading. He is quite generous in sharing it.

As a discretionary trader I like getting to the neutral Zero state, so trade what the market tells me, rather than try to impose my will/preconceived notions on the market. Also I find Nigam's idea of doing meditation several times DURING the trading day quite interesting. I never thought of this before.

This is what he posted here previously:
    "Frequent doses of meditation directed at trading keeps one in neutral or as I call it ZERO , leading to better reading of the markets and better results."

#44     Dec 8, 2010
  5. #45     Dec 8, 2010

6. Is this the same brain that you titillate when you pee in the K-mart parking lot on sundays?

#46     Dec 9, 2010
  7. What is Satori? Is it some state where you are blissful and connected to some higher power? How to get in Satori state?

#47     Dec 9, 2010
  8. Kensho I believe applies more to traders. Satori is a very different path, to give up alcohol, meat, and what is it that the dalai lama said, to meditate for at least 2 hours a day is not for me...satori for me is being a successful trader...

#48     Dec 9, 2010
  9. newtoet

newtoet

I second this. Easy and still doing it a year later.

#50     Dec 15, 2010