Transaction Tax idea still not dead

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Nader is a great guy and deserves the votes he gets. After the election would be the time to start writing the politicians about the stupidity of transaction taxes. I have already done so but I'm leaving it alone for now. Their mail volume has to be way high at this time.....

#31     Oct 25, 2008
  2. Can I have some of what your smoking?

Its good stuff isnt it?? come on admit it, its the bomb aint it??

#32     Oct 25, 2008
  3. LMAO ... that shit circumvents all of your logic pathways and goes straight to the stupid center, amplifying it by about 10,000%.

#33     Oct 25, 2008
  4. Would a transaction tax apply only to Americans trading American equities? Would foreigners trading American equities be exempt? Would Americans trading foreign equities be exempt?

#34     Oct 25, 2008
  5. mccd

mccd

um yeah... some real comical geniuses on here

#35     Oct 25, 2008
  6. veggen

veggen

This is insane!!! Do they not understand that they need short-term traders?? Because of us there is allways liquidity in the market, and therefore allways buyers, no matter how bearish the market is!

#36     Oct 25, 2008
  7. Yeah your right. That was kinda a cheap shot and I apologize.

I respectfully disagree in the strongest way that an increase in the transaction tax would in any way be better for the industry that I earn my living in.

Furthermore I have zero faith in the ability of the government to stop a movement in increasing a tax from a starting point as they will always have more "needs/programs" that will "do wonderful things" if only they taxed just a little bit more.

Like a poker table in vegas. The more the house takes in the rake the less money on the table for the players. There is just no getting around that fact.

#37     Oct 25, 2008