Transaction Tax Bill has now been introduced

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullet, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Good details - nice work - going to check out my own reps' stuff.

#61     Feb 18, 2009
  2. nesyo03

nesyo03

Say this bill gets passed half way through the year. Would we still have to pay transaction taxes on the first part of the year even though the bill has not yet been passed?

#62     Feb 18, 2009
  3. i was wondering this, too?

#63     Feb 18, 2009
  4. Well the bill said EXCLUSSIVE jursidiction of the cftc, and I know FX is somewhat under jurisdiction but not sure if it is exclusive or not.

#64     Feb 18, 2009
  5. It's likely to be passed. There is a disdain for risk-taking in the current environment. It will push a tremendous amount of business into European OTC markets. Can you imagine the boon to fund co's like Fido, Vanguard and State Street?

#65     Feb 18, 2009
  6. Its funny in all this CME has announced this week I think they are rolling out e-micro forex contracts that are worth one tenth of there full size, so basically cme is going to offer micro accounts, even with this all going on the are rolling things out which tells me what I need to know. We dont need scare tatics, jsut write ur congressmen or women and thats what we can do. But right now the only one bringin this up is Defazio , he has tried and been shot down 2 previous times in the past 6 months. I am sure it will be the same, he didnt vote for the stimulus this past friday, that was the day he introduced his tranny tax bill. Just like he didnt vote for the Tarp in Sept he pushed his tranny bill. So I think this legislation was put in place of the Stimulus bill last week, and it failed

#66     Feb 18, 2009
  7. Here is the financial disclosure of a co-sponsor, Rep Welch from 2006. Take a look at this transactions. He is a trader! Look at the transactions on some of the stocks, such as LSI and RAD. In and out several times with nice gains. Rep. Welch does not appear to be buy and hold!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/fin_dis/2006/w000800.pdf

Now why the heck would he co-sponsor this bill???

#67     Feb 18, 2009
  8. #68     Feb 18, 2009
  9. limit

limit

#69     Feb 18, 2009
  10. #70     Feb 18, 2009