Transaction Tax Bill has now been introduced

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullet, Feb 18, 2009.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Like there was a G8 with the USA when UK decided to create the "stamp tax" and France "l'impot de bourse"...

If it passes, it's not because the US decide to be dumb and create a tax that everybody has to do so.

The winner will simply be the country smart enough to make evil speculators come.

#261     Feb 20, 2009
  2. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

#262     Feb 20, 2009
  3. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

#263     Feb 20, 2009
  4. i beg to differ - i lived through H-1b visa

in 1998, guys like you said the exact same thing

what was to come was beyond even the worst pessemist's nightmare - they just took one group of people who'd done nothing wrong (who actually had done everything they were 'supposed to' do), out to the wood shed and relentlessly knocked the crap out of them for the next 10 years

#264     Feb 20, 2009
  5. You mean just like with naked shorting rules? Or decimalization? Or outlawing bullets? Or just about any piece of legislation affecting any industry that does opposite of the stated intent?

As long as people keep blowing it off as "stupid policies by stupid politicians", this game will continue and laws meant to benefit a few elite at the expense of most will get by under other pretenses.

#265     Feb 20, 2009
  6. Shagi

Shagi

Its like saying tax pizza and french fries and takeaway businesses for making many folks fat and costing the nation trillions in avoidable health care problems.

Any lawyer who knows his $0.02 can make mince meat of this as a constitutional argument.

#266     Feb 20, 2009
  7. Cesko

Cesko

#267     Feb 20, 2009
  8. Kittykat

Kittykat

Todd said he heard from two sources that this is dead in the water. (Todd Harrison on Minyanville)

#268     Feb 23, 2009
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Once again, posters with the lowest number of posts make the best contributions( or in this case carry the good news )... I hope you ( and he ) are right.

#269     Feb 24, 2009