TransAct /TM users - did u notice...!!!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by adamcholeva, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Ok, clear. Let's wait...

#51     Jan 2, 2006
  2. Mark2m

Mark2m

Now I am really confused, I am using TM with PFG and RCG. They will be dropping RCG by Jan 15th, but no word on PFG. I have been offered Ninja Trader, and now in the process of simulation. Has anyone had the following problem with Ninja Trader:

1) LITE edition is free but any strategy in use must be via NT full price. Problem is Stop Loss is considered a strategy, therefore need to spend $50 per month. I guess no one else has issues with power outage, freezing computer, or interruption away from keyboard. I can use a mental stop, when I use mental money.

2) With the present Data Feed they are offering, no historical data, therefore if you want charts (+$20 per month), and trade at normal times, system has to be on prior to 7:00AM ( for adequate data) and QM , and E6 , E7 on 24 hrs per day.

The expense isn't the problem, but the fact is my system is already crowded with TM + charts, Ensign Charts, TC2K, Interactive Brokers, plus two future accts, and I only have 4 screens available.

Any suggestions? Thank You

#52     Jan 2, 2006
  3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Stay away from NINJA TRADER I've lost a lot of money because of stops. The system gave me the execution.... flattening the position but in reality... i was not flat...unbelievable

Open your account with TradeMavenGroup or clarify with PFG

I am just trying the demo version of Trade Navigator (TransAct replacement software)... but I have some problems..the data feed is slow..perhaps the cause is my PC..problems with the CPU Usage (..but not sure)

Try the demo of Trade Navigator..you have historical intraday data for any futures (1 year) tick bars

If Truff is right the data feed should be speed as Trade Maven

Lorenzo

#53     Jan 2, 2006
  4. Mark2m

Mark2m

Lorenzo,
    I will look into Trade Navigator, appreciate the heads up on Ninja Trader. In the past I have had a lot of problems with my CPU going to extremes. When I was running TradeStation and IB, CPU usage at 100%, plus my mouse had a mind of its own. The problem isn't speed of DSL or Cable, the problem is bandwith. I now experience the same problems with two different accts, with Trade Maven and Best Direct Fast (TM for PFG) while being on at the same time.
    I don't know how that situation will play out, since TM has been very supportive of PFG, due to Woodie' s chat groups. The charts are enhanced with CCI plus all the various nuances and Hotcomm has devoted a great deal of resources to PFG/TM and Woodie.

#54     Jan 2, 2006
  5. Truff

Truff

Ninja is a nice platform. The problem is that it has been historically run on PATS. That has changed. Ninja is now available with TT conectivity. There is a slight execution charge but that the price you pay for stability. I also received a trade navigator demo on friday. The charting is much more advanced than Trademaven. I experienced a few hours of trading with it and found it to be very fast. I will continue to test it this week.

#55     Jan 2, 2006
  6. Truff..please update your findings. I am interested in the power of these front ends.

It really is a platforms arms race to get the best edge.

Thanks in advance.

#56     Jan 3, 2006
  7. Xenia

Xenia

8. Xenia

Xenia

TMG said that they currently offer TradeMaven with following 3 clearing firms:

TransAct ("York B.A."), RCG and Fortis.

#58     Jan 18, 2006
  9. Xenia

Xenia

www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=64396

"And they can keep their accounts directly with us."

Until February 24, 2006 ?

#59     Feb 21, 2006
  10. I suspect that Trademaven is phasing out their co-operation with other brokers

#60     Feb 22, 2006