Trajan's second option journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trajan, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Trajan

Trajan

bought five of the july17c for .45 and sold 5 of 15c for 1.10; long 400 deltas

#81     May 6, 2003
  2. Trajan

Trajan

sold another 10 lot of 17c for .15. Going into earning long 300, up a point short 500.

ET didn't post this message on time but the stock looks unchanged at this point post earnings.

#82     May 6, 2003
  3. Wow I thought I understood options but this is just confusing me. Out of curiousity, what kind of returns has this gotten you since Feb? I mean just the trades you have posted here.

#83     May 29, 2003
  4. birdman

birdman

Enjoying your journal Trajan ...

I often trade calls / puts on IP, WY and even have tried GP. On my day job of 21 years I work for IP ... biggest paper company - good outfit - fairly predictable.

WY our biggest competitor ... considerable more volatility ... higher priced stock just now ... works for me.

I like to stay with options on higher priced stocks usually, but high volume is always a plus.

I paticularly like the way you seem to focus almost entirely on a single item to trade. It makes trading easier and simpler, for me anyways.

I've never been able to trade just one thing exclusively, but I think it's wise.

Thanks for sharing:D

#84     May 31, 2003