Trajan's options journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trajan, Jan 30, 2003.

1. not necessarily bullish... I checked; not part of any spread... it is almost certainly a closing position...

#51     Feb 4, 2003
  2. if not a close than someone looking for a big gap or sell off post-earnings? bid now .10

#52     Feb 4, 2003
  3. white17

white17

Yeah this one looks like capitulation to me

#53     Feb 4, 2003
  4. Trajan

Trajan

You guys are busy.

Interesting, if it was some sort of collar it would be odd since feb is not a cycle month unless they put it on around Christmas. Unless they anticipated war?

#54     Feb 4, 2003
  5. Trajan

Trajan

I'm kind of leaning that way. I've got three hours left.

#55     Feb 4, 2003
  6. white17

white17

I got the idea you were in a pretty good position for a lousy reaction to the report ??

#56     Feb 4, 2003
  7. Trajan

Trajan

No, I had a bias to the downside going into the report. Earning are a crap shoot and even when there bad, a stock can rally. The fact csco has fallen off here, although along with the general market, makes me belive it may rally in relief. It has kind of reached my taget, the 12s. When hatching my original plan, I thought about attacking it with the exact opposite position, which I may very well had if not for earnings today. I generally like to be short premium in the direction I think the stock is heading.

#57     Feb 4, 2003
  8. white17

white17

Right. i generally do not hold past the report but this time MIGHT be different. I think this one could go either way depending on perception of what is said. That perception wil no doubt change several times by tomorrow morning.

#58     Feb 4, 2003
  9. hey Trajan....would appreciate yours and anyone else who cares to provide candid feedback. Since you have risk in the near term and Collen's announcement coming up, etc.

What if you legged into a spread by longing a March 12.50 call and shorting a Feb 12.50 call for a debit of .35ish or so. This would be a split difference leg in, meaning you may have to be on the ask for one but as the stock moves up or down you could sell the near term call on the ask, thus coming in at .35ish or so. The actual spread if you bought the long call on the ask and shorted the near term call on the bid is .40-.45

#59     Feb 4, 2003
  10. white17

white17

Just my gut response would be: I don't want to be short stock or call at this level of the stock or the market. Maybe the 15's but the numbers would have to be perfect first. IMO

#60     Feb 4, 2003