Traits of a top trader Re: Wordlco

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mama, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman

Hitman

I am glad you chose Echo, for me if I ever lose a guy to a competitor, I would rather lose it to Echo than any other firm.

And yes, there are a lot of flaws with Worldco and many of them I can not deny, for me it has always been pros outweight the cons scenario.

Good luck and I mean it :)

P.S. As soon as my team gets out of this cold spell, I am requesting a move to 100 Wall Street. It will greatly enhance my recruiting power :)

#31     Jan 21, 2002
  2. mama

mama

Hitman

I don't work for any firm, swingtrade from home, made seven figure in 98/99...mid 6 figures in 00, low 6 figures in 01...just 3K so far this month...extremely difficult trading environment...decided to be all in cash from now on...hope that answers your questions...

....first read candletrader comments regarding the ad...

"through this optimal mentoring system, you will use contextual arguments and pointed inquiry to understand the volatility, and numeric, historical puzzle of the equity markets"

please explain, if you can, what the hell does this mean? Are your firm's mentors all Phds and rocket scientists?...Who are you trying to fool?...you don't even know what standard deviation or Sharpe ratio are...

#32     Jan 21, 2002
  3. "There is one thing I have that no amount of pearl will add up to, and that is youth, something you wish you still have but you no longer possess."

With that type of thought process Hitman I can't imagine why anyone would turn down the opportunity to be under your leadership. Your team must be allot younger than you Hitman because I pity anyone on your team that is older unless they are really into age discrimination.

#33     Jan 21, 2002
  4. Hitman

Hitman

If you don't work for any firm and you don't even intraday trade, I find your comments abrasive and harsh, especially if they are directed toward us specifically.

Whether your numbers are real or not, I take your word for it, as I would rather overestimate someone than underestimate.

***through this optimal mentoring system***

Do you really expect us or any other firm for that matter to say we throw you into a pack of wolves and see if you survive? In reality that is what happens after all the bells and whistles at every firm.

***you will use contextual arguments and pointed inquiry to understand the volatility, and numeric, historical puzzle of the equity markets***

I remember when I wrote a resume for the princess who worked at American Jeans before, I put down "inventory management" and "customer service" instead of "I am a cashier and I fold jeans".

I remember when I helped someone who basically built computers at a local screw driver shop to write his resume, I wrote "Built, configured, installed, and troubleshooted PC hardwares", and when someone typed up letters and answered phones, I used "created professional business presentations and scheduled meetings".

It is called embellishing, and every firm on this planet does it, every resume has it too, what do you want us to say?

"You will learn that when you see a BID stepping up you buy" or "An in-depth understanding of institutional order flow"?

#34     Jan 21, 2002
  5. Jaba122

Jaba122

Rotflmfao :) Any Given Sunday, I swear. Have you guys seen this movie? "I got this invisible juice"... :D

#35     Jan 21, 2002
  6. Hitman

Hitman

Shortee:

The average age of my team is a little bit more than half the age of Limbo.

This is not age discrimination, it is called being responsible. If you are a gun dealer selling pieces and a grandma walks in, you will tell her to hand over the purse when someone tries to mug her instead of trying to point a gun at the crook.

Can people make enormous amount of money when they are already retired? Sure! Chances are however, they probably don't need the money for a living.

Every firm is guilty of this. I personally know a guy at my firm, who happens to be one of my closer friends, to put up 8K at my firm and basically churned it all away, he has very little savings and now is in serious debt. The guy spends 12 hours a day doing all types of research you can imagine, but he just can't get it.

If someone approaches me with the same situation, is it discrimination or is it conscience to say "you are too old for this buddy"?

#36     Jan 21, 2002
  7. mama

mama

Hitman

Now I understand where you are coming from...it seems to me that you would be in bed with Enron executive board as well as their auditors...lies...embelishments...not telling the truth...deceptive advertisement...will not get you there...as a true trader...that's lesson number one...

You have truly dissapointed me...i've read your journals back in Oct/Nov/Dec...and had you in mind for my friend's options trading desk at Goldman where I used to work before trading for my own a/c...he's been looking for young, hungry, energetic guys, who can express themselves well...HONESTLY, I was going to suggest him to contact YOU...then you started your recruitment process...which I hope you're getting paid for...and from then on...you started to deliver very childish comments, started to display a great doze of arrogance and ignorance...and finally you blew it with your shortsided statements on this thread...you failed pre-screening and learned your lesson...better luck next time...

#37     Jan 21, 2002
  8. Hitman

I believe equity trading is definitely a young mans game. Particularly when one is just starting out. With that said your comments do reveal an immaturity that is not reflective of a someone that should be managing other people. Just my opinion take it for what it's worth.

#38     Jan 21, 2002
  9. Ronin

Ronin

>>I remember when I wrote a resume for the princess who worked at American Jeans before, I put down "inventory management" and "customer service" instead of "I am a cashier and I fold jeans".<<

Thanks for the chuckle. Reminded me of the resumes I used to see in my previous occupation. One guy claimed to have "assisted journalists in the dissemination of news to the general public." He was a paper boy. Another described his job as "transporting documents". He was a messenger.

#39     Jan 21, 2002
  10. Hitman

Hitman

Shortee:

As I said, my comments were only directed to Limbo, who attacked me quite viciously if you check his posts.

As for whether I am capable of being in the management, I treat my colleagues with the warmth of spring breeze, I treat my work with the heat of the summer, I treat problems that arise like fall wind blowing through dry leaves, and I treat my enemies with the savage of Winter.

I am not into personal attacks, and I don't make the type of nasty comments I make unjustified. It is called return the favor, fair and square. The above was a message board flame, and you can bet your account that I treat those on my side the way I should treat them.

In reality, if you are over 50 and you don't have a strong financial record, do yourself a favor and don't ruin your life. I told everyone before they come over for the interview, that there is a very real chance that they will blow up after they give it their 120% effort, and you have to be mentally prepared for defeat before you take on this kind of risk.

Mama:

I am flattered that you actually considered me for your friend's options desk. If that was actually the case, I would have got the invitation already, I don't expect people to lay out red carpet for me, I prefer to walk over corpses. Your disappointment in me mean very little, as if I am meant to be top tier I would make it regardless of what anyone else think.

Lies, embellishments and not telling the truth is a neccessity when dealing with the competition. 100% honesty is a neccessity when dealing with people on your side. Know the difference. There isn't a single company out there that gives out a 100% truthful advertisement nor a 100% accurate financial statement. Embellishment is a way of Wall Street and you have stayed home in your underwear for too long (not that it matters if you are making the G's) if you don't realize that.

When I have a goal in mind, in this case recruiting a team of talented individuals for my firm, I will do whatever it takes to get there. No, I won't see a dime's worth of profit until I get a few consistent performers, which will take a very long time, but if I am out to do something, I do it with 100% hunger and aggression, nothing less.

You may not like what I have to say, but I can tell you that integrity is the first and foremost thing on my mind when I deal with people on my squad. As for the ad, I didn't write it, but I thought there wasn't anything wrong with it, nothing I haven't seen before.

#40     Jan 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.